Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fox
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I had an epic session of Beowulf: The Move Board Game a little earlier today. In general, I'd say it was clearly an offensive game. We both seemed to be going for scores more than blocking or hurting our opponent. It was like a shootout in football, perhaps Oregon vs. Oklahoma State or something like that

Act I:
The kid went first. He ended up playing 4 longships, but I only got three longships out. He cashed in a tile along the way.
Scoring on Act I: Me 33, the kid 19

Act II:
The kid led off again. We both used 4 longships and a castle. Act II was our most defensive round, meaning we actually spent a little time keeping the opponent's scores low.
Scoring on Act II: Me 47, the kid 35

Act III:
We were launching three point buckets and hitting them. We had both saved the vast majority of our pawns for Act III, so we scored big points accordingly.
Scoring on Act III: Me 156, the kid 155

Overall Score: Me 286, the kid 261
I won a shootout!!! It was a very great game of Beowulf. Act III was really exciting, can't wait to play again.

EDIT:
FYI---Please don't hate me for defeating my 11-year-old lol. I decided a long time ago I would make it a challenge for him to beat me at stuff, thinking the reward for finally beating me would be so much better. Now he wins about half of all two player games we play I'll never forget the first time he beat me at Chess earlier this year---he was on cloud nine for several days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds like fun
I haven't had this on hit the table yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.