Subject: Rule query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lloyd Nikolas
United Kingdom
Newcastle
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The description of this game on BGG is essentially a list of the rules. This is a bit odd, since these are not the same as the rules printed on the bottom of the box of my copy, which I bought on Ebay recently.

My rules say "2. A turn consists of either placing one piece from the storage area or from the rim area onto a space, or moving one piece one space either vertically, horizontally, but not diagonally."

This, taken literally, means that in my turn I can pick a piece from the rim area, and presumably place it anywhere I like in the central area, not just one space away. I suspect that this wording is accidental, and that I should be allowed to move only one space into the central area.

So far, I have not been terribly impressed with the game. All the games have ended quickly, many before all the pieces have been placed. It is very easy to get three pieces in a line, and then placing a fourth in the line means that there may be two ways to win next go, but an opponent can only block one end of the row. Even if all pieces get placed, moving pieces about quickly ends the games. It could be that our offensive play has been excellent and our defensive play terrible, but I doubt it.

One reason I think that the wording of the rules as I have them is wrong, is that it makes it even easier to end a game quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own this game, and if memory serves you are only allowed to move one space inward from the outer track, and only the space that the moving piece is adjacent to.

My copy came with a printed rule booklet, which as I recall was clear on this. (I'm betting you are missing this component.)

However, I will try to remember to take a look at it when I get home to be sure.

Also, the few games I have played necessitated the use of all but maybe 1-2 of the pieces on each side, if not all of them. Is is true that one of the key aspects to this game is to avoid allowing the opponent to get three of their pieces in a row, while also having two open spaces on each end accessible but other pieces of theirs.

This is not the most complex abstract out there, but I think its good when you want something more light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.