Subject: "Deck building is good". rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan
Australia
Armidale
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my friends plays a few 'light-ish' boardgames like Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, and a few others (but not much).

This friend just posted on facebook: "Deck building is good".

I thought, cool, he's probably discovered Dominion (mainly because it's popular, it's slightly more unlikely he'd try something like A Few Acres of Snow or Thunderstone). He's even commented on the mechanic he likes about it, this guy could be a serious boardgamer yet. Maybe I should tell him about the other deck-building games available.

Then he had a comment after that about 'pouring the concrete', and I realised, "oh, he's actually talking about building a large wood/concrete deck for his house, outside".

...oh well, at least he'll have a nice place outside when I bring Dominion around to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carefull with A few acres of snow, though, he might 'drop the hammer' on you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna Griebel
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:
One of my friends plays a few 'light-ish' boardgames like Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, and a few others (but not much).

This friend just posted on facebook: "Deck building is good".

I thought, cool, he's probably discovered Dominion (mainly because it's popular, it's slightly more unlikely he'd try something like A Few Acres of Snow or Thunderstone). He's even commented on the mechanic he likes about it, this guy could be a serious boardgamer yet. Maybe I should tell him about the other deck-building games available.

Then he had a comment after that about 'pouring the concrete', and I realised, "oh, he's actually talking about building a large wood/concrete deck for his house, outside".

...oh well, at least he'll have a nice place outside when I bring Dominion around to play.

lol, wow... guess this proves you are a true gamer. it should be one of the tests like the one image that is either a young woman or an old lady. what do you think of when you hear, "deckbuilding is good." if you think of dominion, then you are a true gamer. if you think of building an outside extension to your house, then you are a boring regular person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you don't get Eaten by Zombies when playing under his new deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never actually heard someone who has built a deck call the process "deck building". Some form of 'building a deck' is the usual term. Maybe your friend actually does like deck building games but is afraid/embarrassed to tell you. Either that or he might be an old MtG player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.