Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Every week the Swedish commentators explain the playoff system and each week nobody really understand the wildcard thing

Oh well maybe a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
Every week the Swedish commentators explain the playoff system and each week nobody really understand the wildcard thing

Oh well maybe a bit

Wildcard = more playoff games = €€€€€€€€€
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
virre wrote:

Oh well maybe a bit

Wildcard = more playoff games = €€€€€€€€€

I think that about covers most of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm a Giants fan. Cowboys are still in the hunt for the playoffs, but their perennial personnel issues have cropped up again this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I suspect that the Road to the Super Bowl will once again travel through Green Bay. They have so many starters lost to injury that when they get some back soon, look out.

Unless Atlanta loses a lot of games, GB will be on the road regardless of what starters they get back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

Any team with the audacity to call themselves "America's Team" gets only ridicule and scorn from me. whistle At least they aren't the Ravens or the Steelers, which get unbridled abhorrence and contempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

No,

but one of the commentator on the swedish broadcasts did play on the practice squad for Cowboys, well and the Packers.

So he seems to like them, so there always is more comment on there games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

>:|
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
I suspect that the Road to the Super Bowl will once again travel through Green Bay. They have so many starters lost to injury that when they get some back soon, look out.

Unless Atlanta loses a lot of games, GB will be on the road regardless of what starters they get back.

No problem - Atlanta is about to be exposed - just not ready for prime time. I'm remembering a couple of years ago when the Packers ran the deck with road games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

thumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdown

Son #2 is. I'm not sure he is really my son.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

No but don't let it get you down. Not a lot of love out there for the Patriots either.

Speaking of which, not quite the AFC game of the year last night as it was supposed to be. I have to say I was surpised; thought it would be a lot closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

No problem - Atlanta is about to be exposed - just not ready for prime time. I'm remembering a couple of years ago when the Packers ran the deck with road games.

The phrase "The road to the Superbowl goes through X" is not a metaphor though. It's meant literally, as other teams have to travel to the team with the best record stadium to continue on in the playoffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

The phrase "The road to the Superbowl goes through X" is not a metaphor though. It's meant literally, as other teams have to travel to the team with the best record stadium to continue on in the playoffs.

Yeah, last year the road to the Super Bowl ran through Green Bay. I believe that was the second city the Giants drove their bus through on the way to the Super Bowl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

Any team with the audacity to call themselves "America's Team" gets only ridicule and scorn from me. whistle At least they aren't the Ravens or the Steelers, which get unbridled abhorrence and contempt.

Excuse me? What have the Ravens ever done to you? I mean, the Steelers I can understand .... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

Excuse me? What have the Ravens ever done to you? I mean, the Steelers I can understand .... whistle

I believe the abandoning of Cleveland would be the offense here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
milgate wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

That's not something we're proud of, I admit. Many people didn't like the idea of taking another city's team. But Cleveland got the Browns back! Baltimore had to spend 13 years without a team, watching the Colts in Indianapolis. And then the NFL puts an expansion team in Jacksonville????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
milgate wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

That's not something we're proud of, I admit. Many people didn't like the idea of taking another city's team. But Cleveland got the Browns back! Baltimore had to spend 13 years without a team, watching the Colts in Indianapolis. And then the NFL puts an expansion team in Jacksonville????

No one can explain the Jacksonville expansion. A third team in Florida?

As you likely know, there are plenty of people in Baltimore who will hate the Colts forever for the same reason Cleveland fans hate the Ravens. Even though the Ravens and Browns are still division rivals and the Colts and Ravens aren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

It's more Art Modell hate transferred to his team. All their playoff and superbowl victories should belong to the Browns!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
milgate wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

It's more Art Modell hate transferred to his team. All their playoff and superbowl victories should belong to the Browns!

The last championship by any Cleveland team was when the Browns whipped the Baltimore Colts 27-0 for the 1964 NFL title. Just an odd piece of trivia.

I'm not going to try to defend Art Modell moving his franchise to Baltimore. It was distasteful all around. But Cleveland got to keep the Browns' name, colors and history. It's the Colts' name and history sitting in Indianapolis, along with the horseshoe on the helmet, that keeps us hating Indianapolis and the Irsay family. If they'd just given us back the Colts' name and history (and the NFL had quickly given Baltimore an expansion franchise, like it did for Cleveland), very few people in Baltimore would give a crap about some team out in the midwest. And it's not like Irsay had some deep connection to the Colts' name; he originally bought the Rams and swapped that franchise for the Colts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
milgate wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Anyone a cowboys fan?

soblue

The last championship by any Cleveland team was when the Browns whipped the Baltimore Colts 27-0 for the 1964 NFL title. Just an odd piece of trivia.

I'm not going to try to defend Art Modell moving his franchise to Baltimore. It was distasteful all around. But Cleveland got to keep the Browns' name, colors and history. It's the Colts' name and history sitting in Indianapolis, along with the horseshoe on the helmet, that keeps us hating Indianapolis and the Irsay family. If they'd just given us back the Colts' name and history (and the NFL had quickly given Baltimore an expansion franchise, like it did for Cleveland), very few people in Baltimore would give a crap about some team out in the midwest. And it's not like Irsay had some deep connection to the Colts' name; he originally bought the Rams and swapped that franchise for the Colts!

I think the NFL learned from the Baltimore Colts incident and handled Cleveland the way they did because of that. Too little too late for Baltimore Colts fans, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah Cowboys stuff

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10800136#10800136
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Patriots have now fallen behind Denver. Worrisome. The Pats have not historically done well in Denver. That will be a scary playoff game.

They had ten give aways all year before the FOUR last night. That's the story of the game right there. Nice comeback attempt, but too little too late.

I'm not as worried as I'd be if I were a Ravens fan. Is it possible that Flacco is actually regressing? That pass at the end of the 1st half was pretty bad. Even amatuer-ish. Lazy. Whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to say that maye he's satisfied but thats feels a bit unlikely, it's not like he won anything if I read the stats correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, he hasn't won it all, but was the first rookie to win his first postseason game on the road. He won two postseason games that year, and in the second one came up big with two pretty tight throws in a 4th quarter drive to get the win.

When that happens, expectations going forward are high. Looks like Joe may be one of those guys who has the tools, but just can't put it all together to get to the next level.

I don't think folks expected elite, but certainly the next level, which is still a fine NFL quarterback.

Unfortunately, his problems appear to me to be mental. That's a lot more difficult to fix than mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.