Subject: American Football thread! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: American_Football [+] [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW Adrien Peterson is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
BTW Adrien Peterson is amazing.

I think that about sums it up. After a slow start earlier in the year coming back from an injury he is up to over 6 yards/carry average and is in striking distance of the record. He has some tough run defenses in the next two games, but I'm rooting for him to break the season rushing record.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
I'm rooting for him to break the season rushing record.

I am too. Son #1 says I should hate everything Vikings but I am trying to convince him to be rational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
I'm rooting for him to break the season rushing record.

I am too. Son #1 says I should hate everything Vikings but I am trying to convince him to be rational.

Packers already clinched the division. So the Vikings winning or losing does nothing for them. But then again I would never root for most players who play for Dallas or Philadelphia for anything.

Certain players make me want to root for them. AP is near the top of that list right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have come to understand that son #1 hates everything non-Packer. He's still young.

I'm trying to get him to "only dislike" some non Packer things.

It's not working. But if my soon to be grandbaby grows up to be a Cowboys fan, there may have to be will be a re-writing of the will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I have come to understand that son #1 hates everything non-Packer. He's still young.

I'm trying to get him to "only dislike" some non Packer things.

It's not working. But if my soon to be grandbaby grows up to be a Cowboys fan, there may have to be will be a re-writing of the will.

Right now my 3 year old only roots for players to fall down. Which actually means he gets happiness on almost every play. He also loves watching the refs.

I keep telling my wife he has to be a Giants fan when he grow up. My wife, who is an Eagles fan, says he can root for anyone he wants. I eventually relent; he can root for anyone, as long it's not the Eagles, Cowboys, or Redskins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:

I keep telling my wife he has to be a Giants fan when he grow up. My wife, who is an Eagles fan, says he can root for anyone he wants. I eventually relent; he can root for anyone, as long it's not the Eagles, Cowboys, or Redskins.

Good Lord, man. You live in the state of Packerdom. Your children now have the chance to be the best.

Do not spoil it for them.

Go Pack Go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:

Good Lord, man. You live in the state of Packerdom. Your children now have the chance to be the best.

Do not spoil it for them.

Go Pack Go.

Funny story, a friend of mine who lives in Madison no is from Texas is a huge Cowboys fan. His two oldest sons are Cowboys fans. When he moved here his third son was 4. Now 5 years later Son #3 is a firm Packers fan. Because of this he actually got his own bedroom painted Green and Yellow. His two older brothers have a room painted Cowboy colors and there could be no peace for him there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Bow Chicka Bow Bow...
mbmbmbmbmb

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikings won a game against supposedly good Houston Texans team and Peterson only had an alright day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:

shake

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
charlieturtle wrote:
Week 10 observations:

The Giants continue their history of November swoons. The Bengals beat the Giants. The Bengals have almost no chance to make the playoffs, but the NFC east may become interesting with the tough schedule the Giants have in the future.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Bow Chicka Bow Bow...
mbmbmbmbmb
ldohrebl wrote:
n00bs wrote:

shake

cry

I went to bed.. I couldn't stand it..! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolvendancer wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
Week 10 observations:

The Giants continue their history of November swoons. The Bengals beat the Giants. The Bengals have almost no chance to make the playoffs, but the NFC east may become interesting with the tough schedule the Giants have in the future.

laugh

cry

This just goes to show how fortunes can change in the last 6 games of the season. The Bengals are in. I'm not sure the Giants can get in, but if they can it will take a miracle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:
ldohrebl wrote:
n00bs wrote:

shake

cry

Well at least SF is in the playoffs no matter what. Maybe they were just resting up to crush the Cardinals. If they win next week they win the west. The Seahawks have been on fire the past few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
n00bs wrote:
ldohrebl wrote:
n00bs wrote:

shake

cry

Well at least SF is in the playoffs no matter what. Maybe they were just resting up to crush the Cardinals. If they win next week they win the west. The Seahawks have been on fire the past few weeks.

Seattle is such a tough place to play. It didn't surprise me to see that score.

Sorry Larry...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Bow Chicka Bow Bow...
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
n00bs wrote:
ldohrebl wrote:
n00bs wrote:

shake

cry

Seattle is such a tough place to play. It didn't surprise me to see that score.

Sorry Larry...

Yeah, the twelfth man! Man they are loud!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I want for Christmas is a rematch of Green Bay - Seattle

with competent referees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russell
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
Playing lotsa games in Windsor!!! YAAAAY!!!!
badge
I will be one of the first to be DEVOURED!!!!! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

with competent referees.

That WAS a cosmic injustice.

I'm a Texans fan, originally I followed Warren Moon on the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL, (Canadian Football League, trainign camp for the NFL). He won 4 straight Grey Cups and destroyed every QB record there was to destroy. He was a GOD. And I loved him. In a footbally way.

Then the Oilers picked him up, and so I followed the Shoot N Run for years. Ah, good times.

We shall NOT speak of Buffalo beating them in the Conference Final. shake

Then they left. And I had nobody to follow.

Then a Football Miracle occured, and Houston was back!!!

And life was difficult, watching a newborn learn how to pass, catch and run.

But now, things are better!

Losing to the Vikings...well, they can't be ALL homeruns. I forgive them. Peterson IS amazing.

This is a great thread! I've been lurking too long! Hello all!!!

Go TEXICANS!!!! meeple

PS, sorry about San Fran. That hurt. At least you're not a bears fan like my pooooor brother. Such a shame. They break his heart EVERY year. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Jay wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

with competent referees.

I'm a Texans fan, originally I followed Warren Moon on the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL, (Canadian Football League, trainign camp for the NFL). He won 4 straight Grey Cups and destroyed every QB record there was to destroy. He was a GOD. And I loved him. In a footbally way.

Then the Oilers picked him up, and so I followed the Shoot N Run for years. Ah, good times.

Losing to the Vikings...well, they can't be ALL homeruns. I forgive them. Peterson IS amazing.

Go TEXICANS!!!! meeple

PS, sorry about San Fran. That hurt. At least you're not a bears fan like my pooooor brother. Such a shame. They break his heart EVERY year. cry

The new stadium TV the Texans are planning will dwarf the size of Jerry Jones's screen in Dallas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russell
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

with competent referees.

Go TEXICANS!!!! meeple

The new stadium TV the Texans are planning will dwarf the size of Jerry Jones's screen in Dallas.

EXCELLENT!!!

Stupid Dallas and their 8th Wonder stadium!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Jay wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

with competent referees.

Go TEXICANS!!!! meeple

EXCELLENT!!!

I'm glad Houston got an expansion team a few years back now. It was a travesty that they could take any Football team out of the state of Texas to go anywhere. I also like to see Jerry Jones get egg in his face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russell
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

with competent referees.

Go TEXICANS!!!! meeple

EXCELLENT!!!

I'm glad Houston got an expansion team a few years back now. It was a travesty that they could take any Football team out of the state of Texas to go anywhere. I also like to see Jerry Jones get egg in his face.

Agreed. And yes, Jerry gives me the Heeby Jeebies. Can't QUITE put my finger on it...just feels like the Dark Force is strong in that one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Jay wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
charlieturtle wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

with competent referees.

Go TEXICANS!!!! meeple

EXCELLENT!!!

Agreed. And yes, Jerry gives me the Heeby Jeebies. Can't QUITE put my finger on it...just feels like the Dark Force is strong in that one...

As a Raiders fan, I almost grew used to having a Lich run my team for several decades. Alas, I don't know if he is still undead...

Jerry may have that role in the league now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the Vikings need to do to get into the playoffs is to beat the dreaded Packers.

Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's on like Donkey Kong.

Good luck with Adrian Peterson! You will need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.