Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduard Navratil
Czech Republic
Vizovice
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This variant makes getting a hand (almost) full of merchants less painful: Whenever you play a merchant, draw one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Bennett-Daggett
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. Sounds interesting. Have you tried it with both single players and teams?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Oakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Longshanx wrote:
This variant makes getting a hand (almost) full of merchants less painful: Whenever you play a merchant, draw one card.

May help for single player. Could be bad if you're trying to go out. With teams, the ability to "Merchant Flood" makes it less necessary, and probably quite overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lennon
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
If I had a dime for everytime someone was pedantic, I'd be...well, you tell me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting for sure. Here's another variant idea on your variant :

When you play a merchant, draw a number of cards equal to the number of merchant ships already in front of you.

So, if you already have one unclaimed merchant ship in front of you, and play another, then draw a card.

This could backfire if people hesitate to attack someone else's merchant ship. But at least you wouldn't get a card for just playing a solitary merchant ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sightreader wrote:

May help for single player. Could be bad if you're trying to go out. With teams, the ability to "Merchant Flood" makes it less necessary, and probably quite overpowered.

I should probably clarify. In team games, having everyone on your team flood the sea with merchants just as your enemies get snarled in a big battle is a pretty powerful tactic, so if each of you got to draw a card on top of that it might just break the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.