Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in this game but my gaming group is usually 5 players.
On BGG it is listed as a 5 player game but in a couple of reviews it talked about it being a 4 player game.

Can this be played as a 5 players and if so, is it good with that many players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bobagabe wrote:
I am interested in this game but my gaming group is usually 5 players.
On BGG it is listed as a 5 player game but in a couple of reviews it talked about it being a 4 player game.

Can this be played as a 5 players and if so, is it good with that many players?

It is a 4-player game. The description should be changed. You might be able to steal pieces from regular Carc and add a 5th player. But given the added pressure of the city walls closing in on you, a 5th player may make it more chaotic than it needs to be.

Rules are here: http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_55_gameRules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of the cardboard box from the 2nd edition incorrectly states it's 2-5 players. That might be where the incorrect info on the BGG listing stems from. (The 4 sides of the cardboard box top are correct with 2-4 players).

But, it might be interesting to take the black meeples from original Carcassonne, or maybe also the grey meeples from the Inns & Cathedrals Expansion (or the Big Box), and try The City as a 5 or 6 player game. Of course, you would only be able to provide each player with 2 tower pieces with 5 or 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.