JT Call
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. They're definitely planning to hook people with expansions. To that end, my guess is that they will also reserve other wizards/boards for future expansions (so that you can play with more than four people).

That will probably be a long wait though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Classic Wiz-War didn't include creatures until the first expansion, so it shouldn't be a huge shock to suddenly not have them. Many people without homemade sets have probably never played the expansions (I know I've never even seen an actual copy of Expansion 2). 4 players was also the initial allotment, with the fifth and sixth player appearing in the first expansion, so no change there.

FFG has managed to put out an expansion each year for Cosmic Encounter, I'm not sure the wait for Wiz-War expansions will be terribly long if it sells well.

If it flops, then it might be a very long wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmb
Not Sure has it- both 5th and 6th editions' first expansions had monsters, and I've always played with sets that had monsters, including one of the homemade sets from files here on BGG.

That said, I've played quite a few games where no monsters came out either by design of the players or chance of the cards. Wiz-War without monsters is like that- you get a little more up close and personal with your attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both the 5th and 6th edition basic games and have never seen a monster card. If the rules are any indication then it should play similar to what I am used to without the arguments over semantics in the rules. Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.