Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just recently received my copy of The Conquerors from Excalibre and I already have a couple questions.

Both the rules and the setup seem to distinguish between Tribunes and Legates, yet there is only one counter (Legate) to represent them as far as I can tell, based both based on the picture on page 4 and the apparent lack of an actual Tribune counter.

If that's the case, how do players distinguish between them? Is it simply a matter of knowing that legates in the legion boxes are actually tribunes, while those outside of it are legates?

Also, the picture on page 3 shows heavy and light Roman cavalry, while the definition of a legion on page 8 says a legion contains a medium cavalry. I'm guessing one of them is a typo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that there are two tribunes per legion, but only 5 legate counters, one gets the feeling that there were supposed to be separate tribune counters. I'm not sure how to handle this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Andrews
United Kingdom
Kendal
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry two years later but the tribunes counters have tactical stats on and have a repl on the reverse side - there 24 of these equating to 2 per legion (you have 12 legions max.).

There can only ever be 6 Legates max in play IF you have 6 praetors are in play! if you have only 6 sqns in play you can only have 1 Legate max. Therefore, if you have 7 or more sqns then you can have 1 Legate for every praetor in play up to a maximum of 6.

My issue with my game from Excalibur is that I have a missing tactical combat display the macedonian vs macedonian?

I do like this game I played the SPI one many a time great mulitplyaer games were had back in the day....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.