Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Battles of Westeros: Brotherhood Without Banners» Forums » Rules

Subject: Inactive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rulebook speaks of an opponent's ability to render Brotherhood units inactive, but I don't see how--it's not in any of the scenarios or the rules, as far as I can see.

Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This ability appears in some Tyrion's leadership cards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigfomlof wrote:
The rulebook speaks of an opponent's ability to render Brotherhood units inactive, but I don't see how--it's not in any of the scenarios or the rules, as far as I can see.

Thanks.


Are you asking if there is an ability that renders Units Inactive?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KenToad wrote:
bigfomlof wrote:
The rulebook speaks of an opponent's ability to render Brotherhood units inactive, but I don't see how--it's not in any of the scenarios or the rules, as far as I can see.

Thanks.


Are you asking if there is an ability that renders Units Inactive?


Yeah, or something. The rulebook says that opponent's can make Brotherhood Units inactive. I just don't see where or how, unless Tyrion's thing is it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diving in BoW FAQ's, there's another possibility: optional rule of "Withdrawals".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not quite sure, whether withdrawals work that way with the brotherhood units. The bwb rulesbook, however, lists a replacement effect for brotherhood units becoming inactive due to _opponents_ abilities.
As said before, Tyrions commander cards feature tactics which allow the player to discard order tokens to deactivate enemy units.
Should those be used on a brotherhood unit, a brotherhood token would be discarded by the player with the bwb, instead of setting the unit to inactive.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lannister4live wrote:
I am not quite sure, whether withdrawals work that way with the brotherhood units. The bwb rulesbook, however, lists a replacement effect for brotherhood units becoming inactive due to _opponents_ abilities.


The paragraph says:
"If any effect would normally make a Brotherhood unit inactive (such as certain opponents’ abilities or cards), the Brotherhood player instead discards a single Brotherhood token for every such effect."

In my opinion, sentence in italics is equivalent to "(for instance, certain opponents' abilities or cards)" not to "(only caused by certain opponents' abilities or cards)". Nevertheless, English is not my mother language so I can be wrong.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, its not only opponents abilities, i did not remember the rule correct. So i would say this covers withdrawals, too.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.