Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for trading state, "Many objects have a special ability that you can use only if you manage to trade them away! ... If you accept one of these items in a trade, you must read the text aloud."

Shattered Mirror states, "You cannot use the trade ability of any object you exchange for the Shattered Mirror."

If I have a Bag of Secrets and I offer it to someone for a trade, and they accept it, giving me a Shattered Mirror in exchange, do either of us need to say anything out loud? Is the recipient of the Bag of Secrets supposed to say, "You gave me a Bag of Secrets, but you do not get to draw a card because I gave you a Shattered Mirror." Or should we both remain silent as if we had traded two objects that had no trade abilities?

I like the idea of the Shattered Mirror hiding the fact that a Bag of Secrets has changed hands, but the rules for trading above make it sound like it always has to be read aloud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mb
Regardless of whether you offer it in a trade (in which case the other play must accept) or you give it away in a trade that has been offered to you, the other item has no effect and both players receive their new items in silence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.