$10.00
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never read the books (I tried,but just failed to find them interesting) but I like the games based on the books.

I just got the Brotherhood of the Vale expansion today and I am getting ready to glue the figures to their bases and I noticed that the archers are actually firing 'backwards' (based on their bows in relation to their feet). Is this something they did in the books?

I think it will only look silly on the board since the banners are not used with this expansion rather than be 'unplayable' and so I am just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Chazot
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only hear about the Brotherhood's involvement in battles in passing, none of the characters really see them fighting first-hand. However, as an outlaw group they fight like guerrillas, so I guess that could explain the running thing.

To be honest, I think the sculptors may have just wanted a more dynamic pose, seeing as we have plenty of archers in the base game and the other expansions standing in a more normal stance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer.

They are a bit funny looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.