Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just gona start a campaign ,so would like to sort this out first.
I am just playing with one memior 44 game.

When you decide to put the counter in the "Staging Area" instead of deploying it straigth away ,if you have not got the extra (tank/inf/art) figure to place with reserve counter does this mean you can't choose that tpye of unit.
Can you put a die showing the unit eg (tank)to remind you.

Also does the figure you put count as the first figure of the unit

eg counter+tank figure do you need two more tanks to feild a full strength unit or will you need to still collect three tanks to feild a full strength unit.

thx
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite sure the rules in the Campaign Book(s) state that you need to have 1 figure of that type available, or else you won't be able to deploy such a unit in your staging area.
I don't have either of the Campaign Books with me right now, but I'll look it up when I get home, in an hour or so, if nobody else has replied by then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears I was wrong, nowhere in the book does it state that you can't deploy a unit in the staging area without having at least one figure...
There's no FAQ available for the Campaign Book either, so if I were you, I'd ask my question a Days of Wonder itself (not the forums, but as a rules question by mail).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok thx will post answer if and when i get it
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McCann
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SammySnijbonen wrote:
I'm quite sure the rules in the Campaign Book(s) state that you need to have 1 figure of that type available, or else you won't be able to deploy such a unit in your staging area.
I don't have either of the Campaign Books with me right now, but I'll look it up when I get home, in an hour or so, if nobody else has replied by then...

P. 4 CB #1
Quote:
If instead of deploying a unit directly onto the battlefield, you choose to deploy a unit in your Staging Area, place a Reserve Token with a figure that matches the type of unit just rolled there. This token represents the troops gathering in reserve.

It seems fairly clear that you must have at least one figure.
I can not think of any campaign scenario where ALL of the figures are consumed in setup, so I don't see why this would be an issue. Especially if in the Victory Rolls some units often lose figures. These Victory Rolls occur before the Reserve Rolls.

CB #2 Uses EXACTLY the same text in it's description of this situation as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.