Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fox
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 11-year-old was home from school today (MLK day), and we managed to do a little gaming. One game we played was BTMBG. It's easily one of our faves! This was a killer game b/c we were utilizing all sorts of special tile abilities to really stick it to each other.

Act I
I thought I was going to slaughter him right off the bat, but the kid used two drunkenness tiles to whup some mead tiles I had laid. The result was an even score after Act I.

Scoring on Act I: Me 28, the kid 28

Act II
Well, the tiles love my kid (the same way dice love him in games using dice). He had the perfect tiles (and used them perfectly, I might add) to kill my scores. I thought there was a good situation to use a castle (instead of saving it for Act III), but a couple tiles later and it was shot to sunshine.

Scoring on Act II: Me 2, the kid 26

Act III
Well, we both usually save our best pieces for this round, so here's where all the scoring happened. The kid managed to increase the diamonds on his Beowulf and a Thane. His Beowulf alone scored 90 points! That's the highest score that either of us has ever seen from a single pawn in BTMBG. I had a good round, one that normally would have won it for me, but he put all this eggs in his Beowulf and a Thane, and it paid off.

Scoring on Act III: Me 167, the kid 168.

Total Score
Me 247, the kid 272.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to play this game with my two boys as I see it as being one of the most accessible and engaging items from my collection for them to cut their teeth on. A pity that the eldest is only four; that wait is going to be a while longer! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hirsty9Owls wrote:
I can't wait to play this game with my two boys as I see it as being one of the most accessible and engaging items from my collection for them to cut their teeth on. A pity that the eldest is only four; that wait is going to be a while longer! cry

Yeah, looks like you have some waiting to do. Perhaps in a couple years the oldest can sit on your lap and help dad play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.