$10.00
Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: fan-made Conflicts of Heroes app on iPad (WIP) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this has been mentioned here yet (or if so, I haven't seen it anyway):

this guy is building an (onofficial as far as I understood) iPad version of Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943, looks pretty neat!



--edit to add:

this is the guy who build this:
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mb
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, beautiful!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very very nice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
Belgium
Vosselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teufen wrote:
I don't think this has been mentioned here yet (or if so, I haven't seen it anyway):


It's in the video section of the game:
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/9039/conflict-of-heroes-storm...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy that!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some wargame company needs to hire this guy. He obviously has some good coding talent along with a great eye for graphic interfaces.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please Academy Games, purchase the rights to this and release it!

edit: What would folks pay for this? I would probably pay 20-30 dollars. Given that a hard copy of CoH was 80 retail locally, I think 20-30 is a fair assessment. Especially if I could easily play anyone else who had the game online.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Would buy!
(Though not for 30 dollars)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Awesome! Would buy!
(Though not for 30 dollars)


$30 seems reasonable if its official and supports and they will offer to incorporate future expansions seemlessly (nb: I didn't say for free). $30 for a computer game is reasonable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
_Kael_ wrote:
Awesome! Would buy!
(Though not for 30 dollars)


$30 seems reasonable if its official and supports and they will offer to incorporate future expansions seemlessly (nb: I didn't say for free). $30 for a computer game is reasonable.


$30 is very high for an iOS app.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belz wrote:
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
_Kael_ wrote:
Awesome! Would buy!
(Though not for 30 dollars)


$30 seems reasonable if its official and supports and they will offer to incorporate future expansions seemlessly (nb: I didn't say for free). $30 for a computer game is reasonable.


$30 is very high for an iOS app.


I was thinking of what it would go for on Steam. Also this would require lincensing and can't expect as broad an audience as Angry Birds aimed at.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd pay $20 in a heart beat, maybe $30, just because it would be so cool to have a real wargame on the iPad.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This piece of vapor-ware will never be published, the designer have already negotiated with Academy... who has rejected it because they already have contracted people working on similar IT projects.

The good news is Academy will probably look this guy up for future projects.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
This piece of vapor-ware will never be published, the designer have already negotiated with Academy... who has rejected it because they already have contracted people working on similar IT projects.


If the official replacement isn't as good that will be a real shame. I've always felt that exclusive rights were uncapitalistic. Offer a royalty rate and implementations compete on quality.
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
Garfink wrote:
This piece of vapor-ware will never be published, the designer have already negotiated with Academy... who has rejected it because they already have contracted people working on similar IT projects.


If the official replacement isn't as good that will be a real shame. I've always felt that exclusive rights were uncapitalistic. Offer a royalty rate and implementations compete on quality.


Oooooh, now this is an idea I like.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.