Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the rules for tactical combat? I don't see them. I also don't see a phalanx vs phalanx display. Is there supposed to be one?

[EDIT: The rules for tactical combat are in the back of the Macedonian Game rule book.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Horace Silver: The Cape Verdean Blues || Horace Parlan: Happy Frame of Mind || Dexter Gordon: Doin' Allright || Hank Mobley: Roll Call
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see charts and charts explanation. I don't see anything that explains how to do tactical combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, that's the old SPI version. Looks like it was left out of the new version. At least, my copy is missing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djberg96 wrote:
I see charts and charts explanation. I don't see anything that explains how to do tactical combat.

In the SPI version, I think it was the second half of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:
djberg96 wrote:

In the SPI version, I think it was the second half of the rulebook.

Indeed, found it. It's in the back of the Macedonian Game rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Horace Silver: The Cape Verdean Blues || Horace Parlan: Happy Frame of Mind || Dexter Gordon: Doin' Allright || Hank Mobley: Roll Call
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djberg96 wrote:
Also, that's the old SPI version. Looks like it was left out of the new version. At least, my copy is missing it.

SPI is the only version I've ever seen. The representative image at the top of the page looks like the SPI version too, unless my memory is playing tricks on me, and it wasn't clear from your post that you were talking about a Decision reprint. Sorry to hear your copy is missing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MOYON
France
Rennes
BZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no tactical display for phalanx vs phalanx in the Excalibre version, although the rulebook stated it should be on the other side of the tactical display phalanx vs legio sheet.

Not tomorrow I'll buy another Excalibre game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered this one in Europe. Seriously thinking about cancelling as it sounds like Excalibre have made a mess of this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Rappe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was the phalanx v. phalanx tactical display ever found for the Decision Games version? I am very hesitant to get this from them if it is not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Verret
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the Excalibre version at my FLGS and noticed the phalanx vs phalanx chart missing from mine as well. Has anyone made one that can be printed out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.