Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it might help to have all of the official responses we get from FFG representatives available in one place so people don't have to dig through the forum to find answers to all of their questions.

I have scoured through our forum to find relevant posts containing official FFG responses and will post them in this tread. If anyone else has received any official responses or finds an official response I missed in the forums, feel free to post it in this thread.

Please don't use this post to ask new questions. If you have a question, post it in the forum as usual, or better yet, send it into FFG so we can get an official response and they can build up their FAQ. The following link will take you directly to their rules question form.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp

Copyright Information
Is it okay if I post your responses on forums to help other people that have the same questions?

"Yes, you can post the answers online. Just be sure not to come across as a representative of the company. Also, it would be very helpful if you also directed people to our Rules Questions email function, so others can get their questions answered. It also helps us write quality FAQs."

Questions on House Cards

House Cards and Secrecy
"The contents of a player's House card discard pile and his hand of House cards is open information except when players are choosing House cards during Step 3 of combat." P.27 of the manual.

What I gathered from this rule was that a person may look at your cards and discard pile at any time. However, once phase three of combat has been reached, all cards are hidden. Phase 3 of combat meaning as soon as phase two, "Calculate Initial Battle Strength" is over, both the hand and the discard pile become secret. That's the information that a friend and myself have drawn from the rulebook. However, two other people have stated in the original forum that it is slightly different.

Personally I believe the keyword to that statement is 'choosing', that when the 'choosing' is being done, then the cards and discard pile are hidden. I want to know the exact rules for this because it definitely affects the way some battles may turn out, as some members of our group tend forget to look at others cards. Some may say this puts them at a disadvantage, but I believe it's up to them to remember to look. Perhaps it'd be best to contact FFG to get an official ruling, but I wanted to start here first. Thoughts?

"With regards to the hidden information of House cards, the rule was simply supposed to prevent a player from looking at his opponent's hand of unchosen House cards after that opponent has chosen the one he is committing to battle. In no other way was it meant to create a memory issue. If the interpretation of the rule does end up creating said memory issue, I must apologize. That was not the intent. We will be sure to include a section of the FAQ to address this."

Salladhor Saan House Card
If someone played the Salladhor Saan house card (which reduces all non-Baratheon ships to 0) against Victarion Greyjoy (who changes their ships' combat strength from 1 to 2), would the Salladhor Saan ability act as an absolute and reduce the Greyjoy ships to 0 regardless of the Victarion Greyjoy card? Would turn order even matter in this instance?

"There is no timing conflict on these specific cards. Victarion's ability increases the value of his Ships... and then Saan reduces them all to zero. Saan's ability is simply an override.

(# of ships + (1 x # of ships)) x 0 = 0"

If the Salladhor Saan ability reduced all opponent ships' strength to 0, would the various bonuses on order tokens (for defense, march or support tokens) still be added to the initial combat strength?

"Yes. Saan's text ability specifically targets Ships. It does not reduce the strength of House cards, Order tokens, or any other combat modifier.
There is a small blurb on page 20 of the rulebook that states that "Some House card text abilities may cause a player's initial combat strength to be recalculated" during the Calculate Final Combat Strength step. This is one of those instances."

Patchface House Card
"After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice."The question is, does this take effect before or after the opponent reconstitutes his hand? If before, then it would be a wasted card in this situation. If after, the he could choose from all of the opponents cards, making it very powerful.

"Patchface's text ability would allow the Baratheon player to discard one of his opponent’s House cards after that player has drawn back his hand. There will be an updated timing conflict resolution section in the upcoming FAQ that should help address this (and other House card issues)."

Patchface House Card vs Roose Bolton House Card
If Patchface were played against Roose Bolton (who loses the battle), would their effects be carried out in turn order or does one card always get resolved before the other?

"As Patchface’s card refers to “after combat”, Roose’s text ability is resolved first, followed by Patchface’s. The Stark player would first draw all his cards back to his hand and then the Baratheon player would look through his newly drawn hand to choose one to discard. This is another issue we will fully address in the FAQ."

Arianne Martell House Card
Tyrell attacks, Martell plays Arianne, and loses. Tyrell can't advance into the area. What happens to that area? If there is a token, does it remain? If there is no token, I assume that control is lost (because Martell has to retreat anyway).

"The token is still removed. Arianne's text ability simply prevents the winning units from occupying the newly won area. But, in all other cases, they are still considered to have won the combat and should follow the rules accordingly."

Arianne Martell House Card vs Loras Tyrell House Card
If Loras wins against Arianne, Can the march order be moved into the space without any units. Normally this would not matter, but if another march order was in range, all units could move into the space with the moved march order [to then resolve it later].

"An order token cannot exist in an area without a unit, even if it has a power token there. So in the case you provided, that order token is removed without effect."

Mace Tyrell House Card
If Mace is used in a combat against an opponent that only has a single footman on the field, does the battle end immediately because one side has no units remaining.

"No. A combat is still continued as normal, the only difference being that the opponent would have a contributing combat strength of 0 for his units. Supporting units still apply, however, as do House cards, Defense orders, etc."

If Mace Tyrell's ability destroys the only footman unit in an area and that area contains defense order, does this order still provide its combat bonus even whilst Order Tokens can't exist in regions without units? What if it is combat for Home Region with garrison?

"Even if Mace destroys the final remaining unit in an area, the combat still takes place, including all other sources of combat strength (defense orders, support, garrison, etc). The only difference is that the defending player will be receiving 0 combat strength from his defending units (because he wouldn't have any)."

Imagine if I had a march order or consolidate power token in an area with a single footman. I'm attacked and Mace Tyrell takes out my footman, but I still manage to win the battle. Does the march order or consolidate power token remain and I can potentially activate them later (if I move troops into the area)?

"An order token cannot exist in an area without a unit, even if it has a power token there. So in the case you provided, that order token is removed without effect."

Doran Martell House Card
Iron throne positions: Tyrell: 5 Stark: 6
It's Tyrells turn, who attacks Martell. Martell plays his Doran Martell House card, and moves Tyrell to the last position of the Iron Throne Influence track. That means:
Iron throne positions: Stark: 5 Tyrell: 6
What happens now?
1. After the 5th player comes the 6th, who is Tyrell again, and Stark is left out of this turn?
2. Or will we let Stark to have a turn and then comes Tyrell again?
3. Or will the replacement made by Martell not be taken into account in this round, so noone is left out nor have 2 moves?

"The turn order is always followed exactly as is, even in the case of Doran's text ability pushing someone back into the position to take two consecutive turns (or miss a turn entirely)."

Balon Greyjoy House Card
I have a question on Balon Greyjoy's leader card, which states "The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0." Stannis Baratheon and Ser Davos Seaworth both have the ability to gain +1 combat strength. If these leaders are faced off against each other, the printed leader strength drops to 0, but does Stannis or Ser Davos still get the +1 combat strength, if applicable? Making the leader effectively worth 1 strength in combat.

"The key term on Balon's card is "printed strength". It basically implies that the number in the upper left of your opponent's House card is "0". However, it does not interact with the text ability at all. So anything that would increase that from "0" still goes off."

Robb Stark House Card
In the FAQ it states that we may use Robb Stark's ability in a won battle while defending. In the rulebook, the only legal "retreat" when the attacker loses is the space that the attacker attacked from. Does Robb Stark's ability, if defending and the battle won, allow him to retreat the attacking forces to any other adjacent territory (as long as it's n ot occupied by an enemy).

"Absolutely. Robb's card can (and perhaps should) be used while he is defending. It's almost even more powerful in that context."

Questions on Casualties, Retreating and Routed Units

Siege Engines
If a player losing a battle has to take one casualty with a force of one footman and one siege engine, does he lose a) both units or b) only the siege engine. I'm asking this because according to the rules siege engines are lost if they are forced to retreat. So knowing this can a player pick the siege engine as the casualty before retreating and save the footman or is the siege engine destroyed first?

"Siege engines cannot be chosen as casualties. They are removed in addition to all other casualties. Another way to look at it is for the loser to immediately remove his siege engines (but not those supporting) before concluding with all other casualties dealt."

Skull Icons on Tide of Battle Cards
If the final (victorious) attacking unit was removed by a skull icon on a tide of battle card, would it be treated the same way as the Arianne card (in that the attacker would have no units to occupy the area, but would still count as the winner, and would remove any order tokens or power icons from the embattled area)?

"This is correct. Even though the area is now completely empty, the winner still resolves all his effects as normal."

Skull Icons on Tide of Battle Cards (Followup)
If an attacker loses against a defender, and that defender has an order icon (say, a consolidate power), but the attacker pulls a Skull icon from the Tides of Battle deck to destroy the last defending unit, does the defender still get to use that icon, even if there's no unit left there? Does the answer change if the defender has a power token there from an earlier turn to retain ownership even when the defending unit is destroyed?
The rules only say to remove order tokens if the attackers win the battle and move in, so strictly speaking it looks like this should be allowed. However, it seems a little weird to have an order token work with no unit.

Siege Engines and the Tide of Battle Cards
What happens when an army containing a siege engine is victorious, but the opponent's Tide of Battle card shows a skull. When the victorious player is choosing which of his units to sacrifice, can he choose the siege engine at that point? Or is the siege engine still unable to be chosen as a casualty even though they won the combat?

"A Siege Engine is never allowed to be chosen as a casualty, no matter the source of the casualty."

If the attacking army contained only a siege engine and won the combat, but the opponent pulls the skull icon during the Tide of Battle draw, the skull would destroy the siege engine in that case since there are no other units to choose right? I'm assuming that the emphasis in your original response was on "chosen". If there is no other choice, then (and only then) can a siege engine be taken as a casualty from a Tide of Battle card with the skull icon. Otherwise, the siege engine would be immune to skulls as long as it wins the combat.

"You are correct. Siege Engines cannot be chosen as casualties, simply because they will always be destroyed before reaching that point. But in the event that there are no other units to destroy, you'd still have to destroy the Siege Engine because one of your units has to be destroyed."

Battles vs Routed Units
If someone attacks a province with only retreated (i.e. routed) units, will battle still occur with those units at str=0 or is it resolved without a battle?

"Yes, battle still occurs with the routed units contributing 0 combat strength."

Sword and Skull Icons vs Routed Units
Its already clarified that the defender can't sacrifice retreating siege towers for this. Is it the same for already routed (tapped) units (that would be destroyed when they're forced to move)?

"I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, but it is true that routed units cannot be taken as casualties from skull/sword icons. Just like siege engines, they are destroyed automatically after losing a combat, in addition to all other casualties."

Routed Units Supporting
The rules say that retreated units can't move. But can they support, even with str=0, for example to use with the Salladhor Saan house card?

"Routed units can support, though they would be contributing combat strength 0 (plus any potential strength modifier on the Support order itself)."

Can routed units provide support with zero strength to interact with Salladhor Saan, Asha Greyjoy or Renly Barateon special abiltites?

"Yes, routed units can provide their support to adjacent areas. They are, however, counted as 0 strength each."

Victarion Greyjoy / Kevan Lannister on Routed Units
Do the +1 strength for ships / footman from those cards works on routed units with str=0 that are involved in or supporting the battle?

"The routed units can still support (at combat strength 0). But Kevan's and Victarion's cards would not take effect on them because of the key inclusion of the phrase "… instead of +1". Since they are not +1 (they are +0), they cannot be raised to +2."

Questions on Mustering

Mustering Ships
If a province with 2 points to muster (i.e. an area containing a stronghold) has access to 2 sea provinces and/or port, can 2 ships be placed in different areas, one each?

"Yes."

Questions on Wilding Cards and Attacks

Breaking Ties during a Wilding Attack
I have a question about timing when bidding for the Wildling attack if two or more players are tied the player with the Iron throne token will decide who is the highest/lowest bidder (depending if the bid was won or not).
My question is: Is the bid tie broken before or after the Wildling attack card has been revealed?

"The tie is broken before the resolution of any penalties or rewards, but after the card is actually revealed."

King Beyond the Wall Wilding Card
Lowest bidder moves their icons to the lowest position on all 3 tracks. Others, in turn order, move an icon on either the Fiefdom or King's court to the lowest position. Which is resolved first?

"The lowest bidder always resolves his penalty first, followed by everyone else."

Questions on Order Tokens

Raven Token and Special Orders
Let's imagine I am in first position on the King's Court track so I have the raven token and can place three special orders per round. I place all three special orders (march, consolidate and raid for example). After orders are assigned we flip them over and I realize I am being attacked where I had placed my special consolidate token, and would like to swap it out for one of my unused defense tokens. If I remove the special consolidate, can I replace it with my special defense token? I already placed my three special order tokens, but since I am replacing a special with a special, I still only have three on the board. Is that okay?

"You are restricted by the total number of special orders on the board at any given time, not the total number of special orders placed that round. So, yes, you can make that swap."

Questions on the Westeros Cards

If Westeros Card states that some orders cannot be played, does this mean that they cannot be given at all or just can be given but not resolved (this may affect the number of orders available)?

"Though the official rule is that they cannot be played at all, I [Jason Walden ] would suggest house-ruling this card to say:
"All ____ order tokens played this round are treated as blank and cannot be interacted with by any effects or abilities."
This would be an acceptable way to avoid running out of order tokens."

If Winter Is Coming card is drawn should we shuffle appropriate deck and draw new card immediately or only in its order (this may affect the choice of players on previous cards)?

"The new card is drawn as the Winter is Coming card is resolved, not as it is revealed."

When collecting Power tokens for point b) of Dark Wings, Dark Words card should we collect tokens for ports with ships just as for Game of Thrones card?

"There are no power icons present on ports. As such, players should not collect power tokens from controlled ports when resolving option B) on the Dark Wings, Dark Words Westeros card."

Questions on Ports

Ports and Control
I am Lannister. I have taken control of Dragonstone and placed a couple of footmen in the main area and a ship in the port. I decide to launch an offensive on someone and I move both of my footmen out of Dragonstone, but I leave the ship in the port. I do not have enough power tokens to establish control. My question is, does the ship in the port allow me to maintain control of the area or does it immediately revert back to Baratheon's control? My guess is that the ship in port has no effect on the control of the connected landmass and that control reverts to Baratheon while he gets to replace my ship with one of his own, if available.

"Your initial assumption is correct. Ships do not contribute to control of an area, so leaving Dragonstone with only a ship in port will indeed revert that area to Baratheon (which would automatically also convert your ship to his)."

As an addendum to the above question, what would happen if we changed the area from Dragonstone to an area that did not automatically revert to another house's control, such as Oldtown? If the ship in port does not confer control of its connected land area without units present, what would happen to the ship in the port when the last land-based unit left the area without establishing control?

"Ships left in a Port connected to an uncontrolled land area are immediately destroyed."

Obviously, the ship in the port would still get order tokens. Could the ship still Consolidate Power, even though the connected land area is not controlled?

"Ships left in a Port connected to an uncontrolled land area are immediately destroyed."

Could a ship ever enter a port without first establishing control of the connected land area (assuming the land area is neutral) using a March order? What about retreating? In the above Oldtown example, would the ship be able to return to the port if it marched out?

If attacking unit didn't enter into Home Area with ship in its connected Port due to Tides of Battle skull icon casualty or Arianne Martell house card, is garrison still killed and ship destroyed?

"A Garrison is removed when it loses a combat, regardless if any troops successfully entered and controlled the area.
However, the ships would remain intact, as the area would still technically be controlled by the defending player due to the presence of the House icon printed on the board space."

Miscellaneous Questions

Bidding
When should players announce how many power tokens they have available when bidding on the three influence tracks? Before the Iron Throne track only, or before bidding on each track separately?

"Players should announce how many power tokens they have before each bid."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit - Received another response from FFG regarding using the raven token to swap out star orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit - added another question/answer to the Mace Tyrell section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit - Found an official FFG response in another thread talking about house cards and secrecy.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/751746/house-cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe that the last ruling is a change from previous rulings on this topic (on previous editions of the game). In the past, somewhere on the geek, there is a ruling that once three special orders have been played, no more may, even with the Raven and even if removing a starred token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. That was the ruling in first edition. Looks like the are going a different direction with the new edition. For now at least. From what they told me last time, there is still a lot of internal debate on some of these issues, so when the official FAQ comes out, some things may change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Kow
Poland
flag msg tools
Recently i've asked FFG about some clarifications, here is response:

> 1. Mustering ships
> - if a province with 2 points to muster have access to 2 sea provinces and/or port, can 2 ships may be placed in different areas, one each?

Yes

> 2. Battles vs retreated units
> - if someone attacks a province with only retreated units battle still occur with those units str=0 or its resolved without battle?

Yes, battle still occurs with the routed units contributing 0 combat strength

> 3. sword/skull icon vs retreated units
> - its already clarified that defender can't sacrifice retreating siege towers for this, it's same for already retreated "tapped" units (that would be destroyed when they're forced to move)?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, but it is true that routed units cannot be taken as casualties from skull/sword icons. Just like siege engines, they are destroyed automatically after losing a combat, in addition to all other casualties.

> 4. retreated units support
> - rules says that retreated units can't move. But - they can support, even with str=0, for example to use Salladhor Saan house card?

Routed units can support, though they would be contributing combat strength 0 (plus any potential strength modifier on the Support order itself).

> 5. Victarion Greyjoy / Kevan Lannister on retreated units
> - +1 strength for ships / footman from those cards works on retreated units with str=0?

Yes, these cards work on routed units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, here is another answer I got from FFG about the Wildling attack:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8285907#8285907

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot guys! I'll add them to the main post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris yates
United Kingdom
Hampshire
flag msg tools
thanks for collating all the FAQ. Where do I download the file?

thanks

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris yates wrote:
thanks for collating all the FAQ. Where do I download the file?

thanks

Chris

This is not FAQ. It is based on e-mails and something can change in official FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. This is not an FAQ. the FFG team is still working in the FAQ. This is simply a collection of responses given to various people by representatives of FFG gathered into one post so people can find the information more easily.

And the information can and will change between now and the release of the official FAQ.

Case in point, I am now going to edit the Kevan Lannister and Routed Units entry based on new information I received from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Excalabur wrote:
I believe that the last ruling is a change from previous rulings on this topic (on previous editions of the game). In the past, somewhere on the geek, there is a ruling that once three special orders have been played, no more may, even with the Raven and even if removing a starred token.

I don't believe there is. However, there is this, in contradiction to your statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. It looks like it was not such a big change from the 1st edition after all. Thanks Travis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit - added an entry on Siege Engines and the Tide of Battle Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could we add House Card Timing to this list? I know it's explicit in the rulebook, but since it's such a small change between V1 FAQ and V2, it seems there's still a lot of dispute over how timing on conflicting house card abilities are handled.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/732733/house-card-timing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
Could we add House Card Timing to this list? I know it's explicit in the rulebook, but since it's such a small change between V1 FAQ and V2, it seems there's still a lot of dispute over how timing on conflicting house card abilities are handled.

Everything from this thread is already in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
Dolus wrote:

Everything from this thread is already in this one.

I didn't see the timing conflict issue of cards here, so without cross-referencing all of the cards, I'll assume every case has independently been covered, or I've otherwise missed what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right Travis. I have covered the house card timing issues individually since each timing issue was a little bit different and difficult to put under a single entry. Also, I thought it might be easier for people to find the question they were looking for if I listed them under the house card. The post you were referencing is listed under Patchface vs Roose Bolton House Cards. Perhaps it's not the best organizational method.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your input though. This post will only be as good as the people that share any feedback they have gotten from FFG or they have seen in another post. If you see anything else, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this answer from someone at FFG when I asked it. It's kind of the inverse of what happens if a victorious attacker gets his last unit removed with a skull:

> Rule Question:
> If an attacker loses against a defender, and that defender has an order icon (say, a consolidate power), but the attacker pulls a Skull icon from the Tides of Battle deck to destroy the last defending unit, does the defender still get to use that icon, even if there's no unit left there? Does the answer change if the defender has a power token there from an earlier turn to retain ownership even when the defending unit is destroyed?
>
> The rules only say to remove order tokens if the attackers win the battle and move in, so strictly speaking it looks like this should be allowed. However, it seems a little weird to have an order token work with no unit.
>

An order token cannot exist in an area without a unit, even if it has a power token there. So in the case you provided, that order token is removed without effect.

Thanks for the question,
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting post Salem. If I could ask, do you remember when you received that response? It might be important since that answer directly conflicts with a response I received (you can read it in the Mace Tyrell section or the Loras Tyrell section).

Of course, FFG was very clear in that this information was subject to change as they were still discussing it in house. I would just like to know which response is the lost recent ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
25th of January for that one. I looked at the above semi-official FAQ before asking it, but I guess I was only looking for Tides of Battle stuff, and not the Tyrell abilities so didn't see the previous ruling. If I had I never would have asked!

Perhaps there's several people answering these questions at FFG, and when Jason consulted their internal sheet he also looked in the wrong places?

I asked the question because I was the defender the time it came up in my game. We played that the order token stayed (in this case, a special consolidate power) since there was nothing to say to remove it. So I had an order token in a region I didn't own (no power token to claim it, no units of mine), yet I was able to muster some troops at the castle (making it mine again). With Jason's answer above, I just would have lost it and not got it back.

It probably doesn't make much practical difference which way it goes for 90% of the time. Only consolidate power orders, and support would just give 0 support. although I guess that latter case could also trigger (or prevent triggering) some other house card abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your response is about two weeks more recent than mine, so it looks like the FFG stance on having an order token in an area without any units has changed. I'll add something to the top post to reference this change.

Since Jason was the one who advised me as well and that fact that his name is listed in the credits as a producer and one of the rules designers, I'm going to guess that what he is saying is correct and simply reflects the internal debate they are having on this issue. When the FAQ comes out, we will finally see their official stance, but I think this recent ruling is going to be indicative of their final stance.

Thanks again for letting us know what you found out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit - Added an FFG response on Ports and Control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Butaman551 wrote:

As an addendum to the above question, what would happen if we changed the area from Dragonstone to an area that did not automatically revert to another house's control, such as Oldtown? If the ship in port does not confer control of its connected land area without units present, what would happen to the ship in the port when the last land-based unit left the area without establishing control?

"In an area without a pre-established control marker, the ships can be left in that area, but still do not imply control. If an enemy land unit marches into connected land area, your ship would instantly be converted."

Different from the 1st edition, where the ship would be immediately destroyed (1st edition required control over the land territory, whether with units or power token)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.