Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, at the beginning of the game your get 1 card of each colour to start.

My Questions are do you always have 4 cards in your hand at the end of the "Needs" phase?

What if you have more due to a potion or Magic book?

Do you have to discard down to 4 or will you keep the extras for the next "Needs" phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will discard down to 4. The color discarded should match the color that the potion took the place of, so you end up with 1 of each color. Of course, a book will allow you to have more than 4 cards.

Edit: Rule book pg 13. under potions. "For each potion you assigned this round, you must discard one card of the color the potion replaced. The only way to keep more than 1 card of each color is with artifact books."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j-train1 wrote:
Ok, at the beginning of the game your get 1 card of each colour to start.

My Questions are do you always have 4 cards in your hand at the end of the "Needs" phase?
While I've searched for a similar answer, I believe that yes you will always have 4 needs cards in your hands (one of each color) at the end of a round.

Quote:
What if you have more due to a potion or Magic book?

Do you have to discard down to 4 or will you keep the extras for the next "Needs" phase?

If you have more due to a potion, discard one of the extra colors of your choice back down to your initial hand.

If you have a Magic Book, however that allows you to have +1 card per book you have (currently the color you choose, I tell the players to point toward the board, that way we know what extra color they will have per turn.)

You should be back down to 4 cards (one of every color) unless you have the books that allow more cards.

doh! ninja 'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the quick feedback. I tried to teach the game last night for a 2 player and we were stumped about that and didn't figure it out until round 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.