Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello out there (echo echo)...

I'm curious to see what kind of interest there is in having a board gaming/table-top group here in Indianapolis (and surrounding areas). Chicago and Columbus both have pretty cool groups. Why not one in between? cool

So, here's what I'm proposing. There are several people I'm talked to that are interested (on Meetup.com, in-person, etc.). We'd all like to have a board game/card game library that would be available to everyone. Also, we'd have events for all of us to get together throughout Indy. Of course, this would be for games we can all just sit down and enjoy without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars (i.e. no Magic or CCG's or huge miniatures games). There are plenty of venues for Magic and CCG's.

If you are in the Indy area and would love to join a group like this, post to this thread!

Shane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd probably be interested in a new gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me as potentially interested. Subscribing to the thread to see how this develops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Buse
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Skaggs
United States
Pendleton
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Wrightsman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Manning
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested. I live in lafayette, so it would have to be a weekend thing for me to be able to participate. Will subscribe to the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhoubhe wrote:
Count me as potentially interested. Subscribing to the thread to see how this develops.

I will be doing the same. Thanks all for posting instead of direct e-mail. I think it will be great for all of us to see how many "others" there truly are around.

Be sure to spread the word. I'm doing the same at my local haunts. Let's give this a few weeks and see how many are interested and we'll take it from there.

Shane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~A&A~
United States
Central
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be interested!

I live in Lafayette too, so the weekends would be better for me as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Sargent
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested. Subscribed to post to see what becomes of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
joecool10424 wrote:
Be sure to spread the word. I'm doing the same at my local haunts. Let's give this a few weeks and see how many are interested and we'll take it from there.

A few weeks is a really long time, seems like we already have enough initial interest.

(In my best Veruca Salt voice.) I want it now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am interested in something like this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Louton
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not positive how often I can commit, but also interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Jones
United States
Franklin
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of a CABS-like group with its own library. Count me interested.

And, even though the show's ending, there will continue to be a Game On! Game Night on the west side of town the 1st and 3rd (and 5th, when available) Tuesday of each month. Come play some games!

http://gameonpodcast.com/game-night/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Cody,

I'm hoping you both would be open to hosting some events at your excellent venue once the group is up and running. Perhaps, we can chat about that at Who's Yer Con.

Oh...I bet some people are wondering about that...I'll explain.

It's a free con on the northwestside of Indianapolis. It's fairly convenient to most in central Indiana. I'm running some events on Saturday. I plan on being there Friday as well.

If anyone has a chance, come check it out and say hi. We can get to know each other a bit and figure out what we all want in a group.

Player registration should be opening soon for the games (not sure exactly when).

The con runs from March 2 to the 4th.

http://www.whosyergamers.org/wygms/

Shane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey again,

It looks like we have between 20 and 30 interested peeps. Let's try to meet at Who's Yer Con. It's on the northwest side of Indianapolis. I cited it in my previous notes. I'll be there all day Saturday (in the board gaming area or library).

I look forward to meeting you all there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dair Grant
United States
Martinsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see things are moving forward on this Shane. I'll see you at WYC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Anderson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Shane,

As you know, I'm interested. Just discovered this thread. If there's anything I can do to facilitate a meeting at WYC, let me know. Would love to see a CABS-like group in Indy. Definitely keep me posted, as I'd like to be involved in building this new group.

See you all at Who's Yer Con!

Thanks,
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please message me if you're planning on coming to Who's Yer Con. I'll fill you in on the games I'm running (and my rough schedule).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gamer folk,

Well, there wasn't a strong response this past week so it looks like we're not ready to have a "Central Indiana" group just yet. I've met a couple hundred (give or take) board gamers here in Indianapolis. For those of you in other cities, let's try this:

Why don't we start gathering and spreading the word to create clubs in cities within (approximately) 50 miles or so of Indy. Perhaps we can start more "official" groups similar to CABS or KABGA as a grass roots effort in several cities - not just Indianapolis.

We can check in with each other "more officially" once we have representatives in each "interested" city.

What does everyone think of this?

For the time being, I'm going to continue hosting twice-monthly gaming events in Indy. You are all welcome to attend. If you'd like more information on these events, check out Meetup.com and look for Indy Gamers. I schedule board game events, although the club is for many types of gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Anderson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
For all of you gamers in Central Indiana...Who's Yer Gamers, the hosts of Who's Yer Con, now has a Guild here on BGG! Please join us and help us to build and unite the Central Indiana gaming community. We hope to make this guild THE resource on BGG for gamers in Central Indiana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Douthit
msg tools
designer
We am a new board game publisher in Hamilton County looking for people to try out our game, Expedite. We are really excited about the game and have it listed on Kickstarter already. We have submitted it to Board Game Geek and are just waiting for it to be posted.

If you are interested to play a prototype version, let us know either through our website (www.turnhamgames.com) or email at info@turnhamgames.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.