Weapons of Mass Destruction» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Churrasco Tuesday rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
A fine August Tuesday at Churrasco Bar & Grill, and first to arrive (as usual) were Nick & Mark L.

Players: Canada (Nick) and France (Mark)
For some unknown reason - possibly this was the only 2p option that would only take 15 minutes or so - Mark pulled this little card game out of his bag.

We were dealt our initial Populations, although we didn't study them much as it doesn't seem to make any difference.

We were both dealt a secret card. Mine instantly cut the French population by 15 million (never a bad thing) and Mark's reduced my hand by three cards, which we decided I would get to replace, rather than spend the game three cards short.

The Canadian radio managed to sneak out a little propaganda in Quebecois (which, of course, the French didn't understand a single word of) before launching the first missile and silencing the Propoganda merchants for ever.

As the game progressed, Mark managed to find all of the special cards and slowly nibbled away at the Canadian population.

The French also managed to launch a 40-megaton directly at Ottawa, after a furious debate as to what actually was the capital of Canada.

As we neared the end of the deck, I was down to only a couple of population cards, although one was a 25m, so I thought I might have a slight chance.

Unfortunately for the Canadians, the French underground (otherwise known as the Metro) managed to initiate a Toxic Spill in Toronto, melting the Maple Leafs' home Stadium (not that anyone cared), but also eliminating 15 million people in the process.

After that, the remaining Canadians lost their will to fight and quickly succumbed.

Final Result:

Mark (France) - 26m Population remaining
Nick (Canada) - empty.

Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but a bit of mindless fun.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.