Subject: A lion's lessons - Fighting Fire with Ice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Eddard vs. Tywin on the burning fields.

I started by advancing the middle one of my archer units and fire some Kevan-aided
arrows towards the northmen. Stark moved his warhost closer to the mountains. One
of my red cavalry moved into the central forest. Stark answered by attacking it with
his own red cavalry, driving it back with morale results, then pursued and rolled morale
again. My riders ended up just where they had started, with one less figure.

I had two other of my cavalry units attack the forest, but they did not manage to
kill the Stark cavalry. That was the point, when the match took an early and heavy
turn in Starks favor: He attacked my stalwart red cavalry with his own one, scoring
three red, pursued and scored three blue against my stalwart blue cavalry. We both
moved most of our units to the central forest, where my second blue cavalry got killed, too.

At the end of round one it was: Three cavalry down on lannister side, just three
figures missing in Stark units. I used Tywins commit ability and had my lone red
knights get rid of some Winterfell riders, whereas Jaime did not accomplish much
with his attack. Rickard went to the mountains, putting my archers under attack.
I killed his fellow men and started a six dice Kevan aided flanking attack, (> 70% capture chance)
but ended up one hit short. My last cavalry (save the fragile mister Tywin) had to
pay for this attempt and got butchered away.

At the beginning of round three, the battle seemed almost lost for me. I had no
units to reach the soft targets (green archers) at the back of Starks lines. The
only way to win was to capture Rickard. Karstark was sitting in the forest, though.
I planned to clear the way with Jaime (there was one last red cavalry figure blocking
my path), then reactivate and start a coordinated attack with three units and Jaime
reducing Rickards capture value. Jaime did not manage to kill this last northern rider, though.

While Stark took my archers under attack again to little effect, Eddard was busy
quenching some fire and I lost a lannisport guard unit on the right flank, Tywin
eventually killed the red cavalry. I did three desperate attempts to capture Rickard,
but he did manage to hide between the trees.

With two command cards still in my hand and four order tokens left, but no active
unit and no way to rally one, I had to call this one a victory for Stark, with
five victory points for him and only two for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Breitkopf
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lannister4live wrote:
At the beginning of round three, the battle seemed almost lost for me. I had no
units to reach the soft targets (green cavalry) at the back of Starks lines.

Bugfix: Those were green archers, not cavalry.

I sure had some lucky rolls in the first round. I still do wonder if the game would have run differently if Tywin had been blue rank instead of green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks, i fixed it.
And i dont think that Tywins rank did matter that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.