Subject: How hard/expensive is it to buy oop tracks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: designer_comments [+] [View All]
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to buy this game but considering there are only 3 expansions out, I'm wary. Is there any chance that they'll reprint the many oop tracks? Can they be found for a decent price on Ebay? Or is it better to just stay away considering I tend to be a completionist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No reprints are scheduled, but a pack of 2 new tracks will be release this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Samford
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OoP track are pricey. Ebay has them for min $25 but with an additional $25 s&h.

I myself are on the lookout for the old Formula De pewter minis to paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each expansion has two tracks, so with the 2 new ones coming this summer, if you were to buy each expansion that's 8 tracks total--not too shabby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zugli wrote:
Each expansion has two tracks, so with the 2 new ones coming this summer, if you were to buy each expansion that's 8 tracks total--not too shabby!

I'm sold, thanks guys! Just put an order in for D plus all expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
No reprints are scheduled, but a pack of 2 new tracks will be release this summer.

If you get a chance, I'm just curious. Are you not reprinting due to the market being too small, or so that the old tracks will retain their value so as not to anger original owners?

If you released a huge collectors edition track pack with some of the best oop tracks, I would think they'd sell very well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeatPaddy wrote:
The OoP track are pricey. Ebay has them for min $25 but with an additional $25 s&h.

The S&H should be no more than $15, $10.95 flat rate is what they can ship them in.

Depending on the tracks they go from $25 (usually $30) to $55. Some of the more hard to find are a bit more. If you really want them put a price limit and just bid on the cheap ones on ebay. It may take a year or two but you will get them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeatPaddy wrote:

I have several sets of these that I painted and they greatly improve the look of the game.

These are actually on ebay right now. Do a search for formula de unpainted. There are four different sets of 10 minis for $25-30 each with free shipping.

Note: I found them while searching, I am not affiliated in any way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
About 5 years ago I bought the final set of tracks (Bahrain/Shanghai) I needed to complete my set. I paid $85 US for that one expansion. That should be the most you would pay for an expansion. I believe that Bahrain was a limited release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of both, there's demand for reprints but we need more pre-sold to try it. At the moment, it's way too risky.
I ask for a big reprint pack each year...maybe one day

Boogalou wrote:
Stefan B wrote:

If you get a chance, I'm just curious. Are you not reprinting due to the market being too small, or so that the old tracks will retain their value so as not to anger original owners?

If you released a huge collectors edition track pack with some of the best oop tracks, I would think they'd sell very well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
A bit of both, there's demand for reprints but we need more pre-sold to try it. At the moment, it's way too risky.

Boogalou wrote:
Stefan B wrote:

This is one reason why I love board games so much! I can't think of any other hobby where if you have a question regarding a product, the publisher/designer might actually answer your question personally.

Thanks Stefan, you're awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they'll allow it someday. I would jump at the chance to buy the base game and a *big* pack of race tracks (at least 10). But I will not buy the game as it is now with only a few tracks and I don't want the "street" tracks at all which makes the new expansions too expensive to consider for only 1 track each.

I don't mean to complain, I just want the people in charge to know that there are fans who want real racetracks and real variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when does the kickstarter start up? Maybe have people vote which two tracks to start with and then pledge the startup money?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are interested in more tracks, you could also look at the fan made tracks available in the files sections of Formula D and Fomula De.
Print them out, glue them to something suitable, and you have several extra tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd help Kickstart for NEW tracks, but not the old ones.
I got them already.

As for the difficulty, it can be quite a challenge to collect all of the old ones.
The hardest one for me was Circuit 31 & 32 Zhuai & Sepang...
*beer*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Zorn
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
taalmod wrote:
If you are interested in more tracks, you could also look at the fan made tracks available in the files sections of Formula D and Fomula De.
Print them out, glue them to something suitable, and you have several extra tracks.
I found this site yesterday,http://pifpafprovence.free.fr/formulede/accueil_open.php?epr..., not so strong on my French, the couple years I took in high school have long faded from memory, but about half way down on the right-hand side are links to a bunch of circuits, it looks like most of the fan made tracks are broken links, but the originals all seemed to work so you can print them out. You'll need a graphics program though because the images are about half the size of the original boards. The new expansions are there as well, at least the F1 circuits, not sure if those links work or not. Since those tracks are still available, probably best to purchase them so Stefan can keep making more new circuits for us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Flood
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:

Boogalou wrote:
Stefan B wrote:

Perhaps this might be just the thing for Kickstarter? You could run a campaign for the first 1/2 of the old tracks and if it gets funded and is successful, you could do the second half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.