Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
United States
Fayetteville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought each of the 2 starters ($3 total) and was wondering if there ever was a play area mat?

Thanks.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Jurgens
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mats like this one were floating around the major conventions, but they are just simple green hex grids with logo/art stickers added. I've seen other nice ones, but I'm not sure if they are official or not. Ultra-Pro was going to release some nice felt mats, but they were cancelled with most of the other promotional products.

One cool item I have is a set of interlocking cardboard walls that keep the chips confined to a small area. It had art from the chips in a collage pattern all over it. I'll try to post a picture if I get a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The green mats were used for tournaments. They were AEG "Dropzone" mats. They were OK but we made our own that worked even better. Eventually they made shiny paper official mats that were terrible. Super thin and slippery. The best play mat I own is a sparkly marine upholstery fabric. We've used it at a lot of the cons. I also made a custom table and a custom map mat out of canvas.
This is the map mat.
This is the custom table.
Here you can see the sparkly fabric under the Treetops of Tuttle.
Fissures of Fallaheen.
The official Clout map. Looked good, but played poorly.
The beauty of Clout is that you can play it anywhere. You can see just a few of the things I came up with above. Experiment with different fabric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice maps!

Played this for the first time with my kids and they loved it. Is there a scan of the official map so I can create a custom map? Are the hexes range increments? That would speed up the game.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Wallry
msg tools
The hexes are roughly the same as the tape measure, it was used to give an idea of how close you were then decide ifm it needed an "official" measurement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.