Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Brian Jones
United States
Carmichaels
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Okay, nonsensical post title aside...

I have what will sound like a rather silly question. The die with the flags for distributing coins to the islands has several pairs of flags, which means placing one coin on the island of each color. Simple enough. However, on our die, the small paired flags are a bit discolored. There are two sets with a reddish-orange flag that is paired with a purple on one side and a yellow on the other. They look identical, but are also inconclusive on the actual color they are meant to represent. As a "house" rule, we decided the purple/unknown would be a purple/orange pair, while the yellow/unknown would be yellow/red. I know it REALLY isn't a major issue gameplay-wise, but I am curious what the intended color pairings are.

If anyone could clear it up, the family would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have the game but did you try looking at the various pictures in the gallery.

There are some good ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brian Jones
United States
Carmichaels
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Indeed, I did. The only one that seemed to be the clearest was that last one you posted. It appears the red/purple combo is the right one, but just wanted clarification from someone who had the actual "properly" colored die as reference. As of now, the house rules we made are the standard.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark-Edmond Seventails
msg tools
I just played my very first game and we didn't notice till we were almost done that there was no orange flag on the die. In other words, I have exactly the same problem: red/purple, red/yellow, and single red faces on the die. But, since it doeesn't make sense that there would be a treasure island that would never get more than the original one treasure at the beginning, I think I'll be incorporating your house rule. Does no one really know the intended colors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could actually get treasure there, if there was a ship in the harbor that you rolled. In this instance you put treasure in a port of your choice.
I never really thought of this as an issue withe the die, but it may very well be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem here. I watched a video review and it looked like the single flag might be orange while the other two were red. But it was still hard to tell.

I also emailed Haba.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Enchanted Badger
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Ithaca's Friendly Local Game Store
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reply from Haba on this subject?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken A
msg tools
That was my guess that the single flag was orange, but it was too close to call. Hopefully there's an update from Haba.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shumby wrote:
Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Enchanted Badger
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Ithaca's Friendly Local Game Store
mbmbmbmbmb
kmancheese wrote:
shumby wrote:
Nope.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ng
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same problem here. Our house rule was that the single flag was orange and the combo flags were both red.

Hopefully Haba has something to say about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Obermeyer
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
ultimatejarhead wrote:
Same problem here. Our house rule was that the single flag was orange and the combo flags were both red.

Hopefully Haba has something to say about this.

Been playing this exact same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ultimatejarhead wrote:

My son and I put an "O" on the single red flag to remind us it's orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hards
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just got this game. My die has the single big flag as Orange and the other relevant sides as red/purple and red/yellow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gaastra
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anyone list all the sides of the die for the flag die?

My problem is simpler: my copy didn't come with the flag die.

I've sent a message to HABA USA to see if I could get that rectified somehow, but in the mean time I need to come up with a solution for the kids who REALLY wanted to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.