Popular Tags: [View All]
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I already posted something like this in the S de C forum but I'd also like to post it here. Both games interest me due to the themes, and some people say that the gameplay is somewhat similar between the two. I am curious to hear from those who have played both if there is a reason to pick one over the other. (for instance, I've heard that Finca is not much good with 4 but I usually play with 3 so that almost doesn't matter)

Thanks for the help,

Fedor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Finca is in me and my wife's top three games, so you've definitely raised my interest in getting SdC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K B
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played them both. Both only on yucata.de and both only 2players.
I liked both. But I felt that F is much more pleasent experience than SdC. I would say F is a game from 90' design-school while SdC is typical for modern genre of game design (more fluffy). F could've equally been published same year as T&E from Knizia and nobody would be surprised. I think I like the old fashioned designs a little bit more. I would also say that F is much better design - clearer in rules and better crystalized characteristic game system.
I would suggest playing a game or two of both of them (it should take a week or so) on yucata.de (geekmail me and I'm eager to join a play).

Greetings,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.