flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order Project: ELITE today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone.

Our funding campaign for Briefcase is now live. You can support the project and get exclusive promo material.

Help us bring this nice game to life

Visit the campaign by clicking here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! I'm the second backer!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
mb
A small (perhaps obvious) heads-up. Unlike Kickstarter where the funds are collected at the end of a successful campaign, IndieGoGo will charge the pledge amount when the pledge is made.

When the campaign ends, all the funds will be transferred to Artipia (if successful) or refunded to the pledgers (if not).

Mention this to avoid cash flow surprises for those used to the Kickstarter method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bernhardt
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mb
Good to know the money is returned if the goal isn't reached.

What is the likelihood that the goal will be met? Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nedzhik wrote:
Good to know the money is returned if the goal isn't reached.

We wouldn't do it any other way.

nedzhik wrote:
What is the likelihood that the goal will be met? Any ideas?
Next week we are having a contest on BGG to make sure many people will learn more about the game. We hope they like what they see and help us meet our goal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Α couple of clarifications about our campaign (also mentioned at indiegogo)

1)All supporters of our funding campaign will be rewarded with exclusive promo material. These are limited promos, never to be sold or distributed elsewhere in the future.

2)Payments are processed through Paypal which ensures the security of your transaction and refund in case our funding goal isn't reached. That does not mean that you need to have a Paypal account nor that you have to create one. You can use any Credit Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So since you guys are going through indiegogo, that means it's the payment is going to an American outlet, even though you guys are Euro? I'm just wondering if I should use my American or Euro paypal account to pay for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
So since you guys are going through indiegogo, that means it's the payment is going to an American outlet, even though you guys are Euro? I'm just wondering if I should use my American or Euro paypal account to pay for this.

I really don't know the answer to that but I guess (and hope) it will make no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it shouldn't. I'm probably over thinking it, really. I can definitely say it won't stop me from funding. I've been waiting for this game for over a year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Addison
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow. The art on the cards looks incredible. I want to back this. When is the estimated release of this? (May have missed it in the campaign)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTBAM wrote:
wow. The art on the cards looks incredible. I want to back this. When is the estimated release of this? (May have missed it in the campaign)

June 2012

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Addison
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stoked and backed.

I hope more jump on board to make this one reality!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just helped you break $3k! So excited for this and Drum Roll! I never heard of Drum Roll until I saw Briefcase. Both games look so good. I know my family and I will love playing these. Great job!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I've read the rules now and the more I see about Briefcase, the more excited I get. However, the main reason for this post is to let you know my wife has been hounding me to pick up Drum Roll since we played it at BGG.CON in November, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere in the states. I know you are printing more, but for anyone else that has been looking to pick up a copy, I've found a way to get one...THANKS for adding a pledge level that includes a copy of Drum Roll! Not only am I able to help you get Briefcase produced, but as a bonus I'll finally be getting a copy of Drum Roll, easily one of me and my wife's favorite games we got to play at BGG.CON.

We both loved the artwork in Drum Roll and seeing the Briefcase artwork I have to say I'm once again impressed. With these games being Artipia's first two games, you are now on the way to setting a style for your games. And I think that's a good thing when someone can just look at a game and say "That looks like a Artipia game!"

Good luck and I don't think you'll have any trouble meeting your pledge level. The question will be how far over your funding goal will you go and what do you have ready to announce for over-funding goals!

Anyway, my pledge is in and I can't wait for June to get here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey George, my wife and I feel the same way!! We even went so far as to pick up the Drum Roll: Ringmaster expansion before those become unavailable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the nice comments I hope you'll enjoy Briefcase as well.

Our contest on BGG is now live and you can win a free copy of the game. If any of the contest winners is already a contributor of the indiegogo campaign, he will get a full refund and will also win a Drum Roll copy!

Help us bring this game to life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the intro to the game...

"In a game of Briefcase, two to four players take over the role of young entrepreneurs aiming for wealth and success. By acquiring and activating various companies, players strive for financial supremacy."

...does anyone else feel it's ironic the game is from Greece?

So, let's support Briefcase and do our share to help in the recover of Greece's economy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozgur ozubek
Turkey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
texasgeoker wrote:

"In a game of Briefcase, two to four players take over the role of young entrepreneurs aiming for wealth and success. By acquiring and activating various companies, players strive for financial supremacy."

So, let's support Briefcase and do our share to help in the recover of Greece's economy!!!

you aint funny George!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wintermute wrote:
texasgeoker wrote:

you aint funny George!

It may not be funny but it is the reason I pledged the maximum level. I hope my dollars help in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am interested in funding. But I am hesitant right now due to the fact that It seems that I may just be better off waiting and rolling the dice so to speak to get it if its widely distributed.

Since the game is company is in Greece and I am in the U.S, I am only going to use American Dollars as an example.

45 dollars for the game, Of which 10 dollars of that I am assuming is for shipping and handling. Considering the game would probably retail for about 50 dollars, Ok I can handle that. But what am I receiving for putting up my hard earned dollars and taking a chance on this game. I can read the rules all day long but until I can actually play the game I won't really know what my final judgement will be.

$10 dollars for Promo cards? This is something I would see as a reward for backing your project. Not a way for you to boost funding by "tacking" on something not so special.

So this isn't a totally negative post I am intrigued by this game. As a potential sponsor I thought I would give you some feedback.

I look at this from the point of a Venture Capatalist. I am investing in you and your potential company. I need some return on my investment, not as much I was using that as an example. At this point I don't see a reason to take the risk.

Thanks for your time and reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CptSquash wrote:

I am interested in funding. But I am hesitant right now due to the fact that It seems that I may just be better off waiting and rolling the dice so to speak to get it if its widely distributed.

Since the game is company is in Greece and I am in the U.S, I am only going to use American Dollars as an example.

45 dollars for the game, Of which 10 dollars of that I am assuming is for shipping and handling. Considering the game would probably retail for about 50 dollars, Ok I can handle that. But what am I receiving for putting up my hard earned dollars and taking a chance on this game. I can read the rules all day long but until I can actually play the game I won't really know what my final judgement will be.

$10 dollars for Promo cards? This is something I would see as a reward for backing your project. Not a way for you to boost funding by "tacking" on something not so special.

So this isn't a totally negative post I am intrigued by this game. As a potential sponsor I thought I would give you some feedback.

I look at this from the point of a Venture Capatalist. I am investing in you and your potential company. I need some return on my investment, not as much I was using that as an example. At this point I don't see a reason to take the risk.

Thanks for your time and reading.

Thank you for your comments, you really don't have to categorize your post as negative or positive. All comments are equally welcome.

Please take some time to check the post I made here as well.

Many people compare this campaign to a kickstarter project although there is a big difference. This is an imported product for Americans while all the boardgames from kickstarter are not.

If you visit the kickstarter projects and view them as a non-US resident, you will see that most of the times you are required to pay really large amount of money for international shipping.

We on the other hand tried to offer a unified shipping rate (at least for some of the most popular destinations such as Europe, USA and Canada) even though in most cases customers receiving the game will realize that the shipping cost was actually higher. The additional expense is something we are willing to pay for ourselves.

In order to achieve that, since this is a European product, there are lots of additional costs included, such as mass-shipping from Europe to the US, distributor and customs fees and of course the actual shipping cost from our distributor's warehouse to the customer. We have managed to limit that in just $15 for all those customers when we could just ship everything from Greece directly and ask for $30 for shipping cost for US and Canada.

If you add to that fees for Paypal, Indiegogo and currency conversion i'm sure you will see that the game isn't really that expensive.

I'm sure there will be further promo material rewarded to our contributors on Indiegogo before the campaign end. If you are really not interested in promos, it is indeed probably better to wait for the game to arrive to a local store.

As a company we enjoy creating promos for our games to be used as rewards or advertising, but we always make sure the main box has all you need to enjoy the game.

Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Because of your quick response and reasonable explanation. I have contributed to the campaign. I was going to wait and see if it made goal but decided instead to help you make goal.

This is my first time funding a project. I look forward to having a good experience and receiving both Briefcase and Drumroll.

Thanks again for your friendly and quick response. It made my decision easier to help support your project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konstantinos, when you refer to the perks: Spiel 2011 Essen promo card from the BRIEFCASE+DRUM ROLL funding tier, are you refering only to the plate spinner card?

I think it would be wonderful to include the Drum Roll: Performer Promo Cards in the perks. I've been waiting to get Drum Roll in the USA for a while. I even bought Drum Roll: Ringmaster from the Geek Store without having the base game. I think this is a great opportunity, as a completist, to get both games with all their promos. Please consider my suggestion, and congratulations for getting to your goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elwatoplus wrote:
Konstantinos, when you refer to the perks: Spiel 2011 Essen promo card from the BRIEFCASE+DRUM ROLL funding tier, are you refering only to the plate spinner card?

I think it would be wonderful to include the Drum Roll: Performer Promo Cards in the perks.

Dear Roberto,

Those promo cards were a pre-order exclusive promo for Spiel 2011. It would be as if after our indiegogo campaign, we started offering our exclusive promo material elsewhere.

So to answer your question, yes. It only includes the plate spinner. There is a really high chance though it will include our Spiel 2012 promo card (yet to be revealed).

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on your successful funding.

I'm not currently interested in a deck building game but I'm still thinking about getting this one.

I have a question about shipping. You mention the flat rate for EU. With EU do you mean European Union or just Europe. I ask because Iceland is in Europe and in the Free Trade Association and Economic Area but not in EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.