Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fox
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my son and I play 10 games of BTMBG, 7 will be tight, 2 not so tight, and 1 will be a blowout (just an estimation). Well, this one was a blowout, and for a change, it was me annihilating the kid (usually "fortune" shines his way, you know, dice love him, random tiles cheat for him, all that stuff).

Round One:

Me: I traded in a tile for +3 coins. My tiles added up to +29.
The kid: He traded in a tile for +2 coins. His tiles equaled +21.

Totals: Me +32, the kid +23

Round Two:

Me: I decided to play a castle when I had a good opportunity (instead of saving it for the final round).
The kid: About halfway through the round, I noticed he was drawing a tile and playing it every time, indicating to me that he was saving two really good tiles for the final round.

Totals: Me +76, the kid +49

Round Three:

Me: I decided to intercept some of the point areas he was trying to creat. I got stuff out early and often and spent the back 1/3 of the round just laying tiles in my favor or against his scores.
The kid: He saved 2 tiles for this round, then couldn't find the right time to get the most out of them. Backfire!!!

Totals: Me +141, the kid +66

Game Totals:

Me: 299
The kid: 138

Evaluation:

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. The kid plays to kill you in the final round. If he has a great tile, he'll pass up opportunities to make a good score with it so that he can save it for the final board. Sometimes his aggressive play really wins it for him, but today his press-your-luck approach bit him in the rear lol.

As for me, I stuck to my "play it by ear" approach. I save the good pawns and tiles for the last board, too, UNLESS an opportunity arises to get really good use out of them in the first two boards. 76 is definitely my highest score on the 2nd board. Today that less-rigid approach paid off.

Great game, great time, can't wait until next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.