John Yianni
United Kingdom
Potters Bar
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Army of Frogs HD will be available to download for FREE for one day only: 16th Feb - That's Tomorrow http://tiny.cc/z5aw9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you could post a reminder tomorrow so that I remember?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke of Lizards
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am a breathing time machine
badge
We're all in this together, and we love to take a bath!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen Four Two wrote:

Army of Frogs HD will be available to download for FREE for one day only: 16th Feb - That's Tomorrow http://tiny.cc/z5aw9

Thanks for the heads-up, even though I already own the app. Great implementation of a very fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yianni
United Kingdom
Potters Bar
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:

I probably won't get a chance, I'm away most of tomorrow, but I will try to, if I don't get back too late
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yianni
United Kingdom
Potters Bar
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
Gen Four Two wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up, even though I already own the app. Great implementation of a very fun game.

Thanks, hoping to encourage more people playing online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. I'm sure someone will bump the thread.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a single mention of iOS or iTunes only? Well, until now.

(It still baffles me how developers continue to prioritize a smaller platform, or worse, pretending the one installed on more than 50% of the market doesn't even exist.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:

(It still baffles me how developers continue to prioritize a smaller platform, or worse, pretending the one installed on more than 50% of the market doesn't even exist.)

Unfortunately regardless of install base, the iOS based apps sell significantly more than their android counterparts. Since iOS uses objective C as it's native language, it's not always a simple port over to android either, so given the choice between the two, the effort to port it over isn't always worth the reward.

I'm assuming that people who buy iPhones purchase them specifically because they want to use the extended features (apps, etc..), whereas android devices are often pushed by the cellular carrier as the standard device that comes with the package. So you have a lot of android users who don't use the extended features of their device, and just use it to text and make phone calls. That's the only way I can seem to reconcile the larger install base with the significantly smaller number of app sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hezkezl wrote:
Gawain wrote:

Unfortunately regardless of install base, the iOS based apps sell significantly more than their android counterparts. Since iOS uses objective C as it's native language, it's not always a simple port over to android either, so given the choice between the two, the effort to port it over isn't always worth the reward.

I'm assuming that people who buy iPhones purchase them specifically because they want to use the extended features (apps, etc..), whereas android devices are often pushed by the cellular carrier as the standard device that comes with the package. So you have a lot of android users who don't use the extended features of their device, and just use it to text and make phone calls. That's the only way I can seem to reconcile the larger install base with the significantly smaller number of app sales.

This issue gets raised almost every time somebody posts about an iOS app. I kind of wish it weren't. (This isn't a criticism of Gawain or hezkezl, it's just that these threads often get derailed.)

Anyway, back on topic, I'm looking forward to picking this up. My wife and I have the iPhone version already but it would be good to get something that looks sharp on an iPad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I'll definitely check it out tomorrow as I haven't played this game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yianni
United Kingdom
Potters Bar
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
celiborn wrote:

Anyway, back on topic, I'm looking forward to picking this up. My wife and I have the iPhone version already but it would be good to get something that looks sharp on an iPad!

The developers are saying that they will not be updating the iPhone version, so it's a good time to move onto the HD version that works on all iOS devises, now that it's going to be free for the day.

If you know anyone who has the iPhone version, please let them know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
celiborn wrote:
hezkezl wrote:
Gawain wrote:

This issue gets raised almost every time somebody posts about an iOS app. I kind of wish it weren't. (This isn't a criticism of Gawain or hezkezl, it's just that these threads often get derailed.)

The only reason I mentioned it this time, is that the OP just assumes everyone is on iOS or has an Apple device. A simple [iOS] tag in the subject or at least a mention of it in the post shouldn't be too much to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
celiborn wrote:
hezkezl wrote:
Gawain wrote:

The only reason I mentioned it this time, is that the OP just assumes everyone is on iOS or has an Apple device. A simple [iOS] tag in the subject or at least a mention of it in the post shouldn't be too much to ask.

I clicked his link. It took me to the itunes store. What more do you want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
IOS onlyangry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kingarthur1976 wrote:

I think it is pretty clear what he wants? "A simple [iOS] tag in the subject..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingarthur1976 wrote:

To never have been in this thread in the first place :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen Four Two wrote:

Thanks, hoping to encourage more people playing online

You mean hopping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own it- those of you who don't should grab this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
Yes, go to appshopper.com. Create an account. Search for Army of Frogs. Click "Want it". It will email you when the price drops. Problem solved. Or download their app. It will send you notification when a price drops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Wong
msg tools
mb
I could be wrong but I thought HD meant for iPad only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Aellinsar wrote:
I could be wrong but I thought HD meant for iPad only.
HD can mean iPad, or it can mean iPhone high res.

I usually rely on the description that says "iPad Only" or "Universal" or "iPhone Only". I know appshopper uses those terms, and I think Apple does as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fredin
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app is free now in the app store!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ducimus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the free app. Very nice of you. Also thanks for designing Hive. It really is a phenomenal game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcherAve wrote:
The app is free now in the app store!
Well! Thank you! And appshopper has not even recognized it yet. That is quite a lag for them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.