Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Tisdel
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
The Man with the Pointy Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was cutting out my Hungarian units for Festung Budapest I noticed that the vehicle crew have factors of 1-2-6 while the ones from Armies of Oblivion have factors of 1-2-7. According to D5.1:

Quote:
Inherent crews of unarmored vehicles take MC with a Morale Level equal to that crew nationality's best unbroken 1st Line Infantry.

Accordingly, they should have factors of 1-2-7. Is this a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
jtisdel wrote:
As I was cutting out my Hungarian units for Festung Budapest I noticed that the vehicle crew have factors of 1-2-6 while the ones from Armies of Oblivion have factors of 1-2-7. According to D5.1:

Quote:
Inherent crews of unarmored vehicles take MC with a Morale Level equal to that crew nationality's best unbroken 1st Line Infantry.

I seem to recall inexperienced crews are a new feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the AoO Hungarian 127 vehicle crews were the misprint (so FB allows one to shove the erroneous 127 counters and replace them with the correct 126 ones).

There is an erratum on the MMP site saying :
"The two-tone Hungarian 1-2-7 Vehicle crews should have an unbroken Morale Level of 6."

You can find most of the ASL erratas on MMP's support page here : http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/tabid/64/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Robin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tisdel
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
The Man with the Pointy Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks as well, Robin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BattleSchool Managing Editor
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLNoob wrote:
jtisdel wrote:

Quote:

There's no direct relationship between the morale level of an inherent crew of an AFV and the morale level of the crew counter that represents it when it takes counter form outside the vehicle.

The full quote from D5.1 is: "While inside an AFV, the crew checks morale with a Morale Level equal to that of its nationality's best unbroken elite Infantry MMC; Inherent crews of unarmored vehicles take MC with a Morale Level equal to that crew nationality's best unbroken 1st Line Infantry"

Take the Germans as an example. When you check morale against the inherent crew of a German AFV it is 8 (equal to best unbroken elite infantry MMC). It could even be 9 for a Tiger tank (per the special note on the back of the counter). But, in either case, when it takes counter form outside the AFV it is a represented by a 1-2-7 crew counter.

Unarmored vehicles check morale with the morale of the best 1st line infantry. So for the Germans that would be a 7. But remember that most unarmored vehicles, like trucks, cannot generate a crew counter at all. They usually have a crew survival number in lower case like "cs 5" which means you only roll survival for passengers and riders but no crew counter can be generated.

Excellent points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.