Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #1 – The Spanish Army» Forums » Strategy

Subject: GM strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was initially thinking that the Spanish would use Guerrilla markers (GM) to nullify the better French cards, Cavalry Charge and such forth. However, it occurs to me after 4-5 plays that the Spanish might be better off hoarding their GMs for a while, and then going for as many turns in a row as they can manage, with a good chance of no French reply.

So for example, with 4 Activate Centre and 3 GM markers, the Spanish could try and take 4 Turns in a row in the Centre with the French just getting Battle back attacks. This seems like it could be a game changer of a strategy.

Anybody with experience of this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it happen a time or two. For the Spanish to get, say, three turns in a row (barring Sabres, of course,) they only need two Guerilla markers. That's often attainable as the Spanish, especially if you're willing to drop a Counterattack card on a French-played Scout card to pick up a marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.