3 Posts

World of Warcraft: The Boardgame – The Burning Crusade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Minions in Coilfang Reservoir rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zarir Khosh Vadoud
msg tools
Hi guys

I've had several WoW TBG sessions and in the weekend I had my first session with The Burning Crusade aswell. I really enjoyed it but 2 things came up during the session. I'd like to know what you guys think of it.

1:
A minion in Coilfang Reservoir is named Underbog Lurker. The card effect is:
Each time your faction chooses to draw additional dungeon cards during this stage, your enemy faction may first draw two cards. They must then place one of the cards on the top of the deck and the other card on the bottom of the deck.

My question: Does that apply even before a boss card has been drawn? – The thing is, a faction has to draw additional dungeon cards until they draw a boss, so practically a faction isn’t choosing to draw additional dungeon cards, before a boss card has been drawn.

2:
A minion in Coilfang Reservoir is named Underbog Shambler. The card effect is:
Start of the first Resolution step: Remove a number of armor tokens from the defense box equal to the boss’s current Attack value.

My question: How does this have any effect? – Armor tokens are supposed to be removed at the beginning of a Resolution step, according to the original rulebook (page 30). The correct wording might have been either:
A: Start of the first Damage step: Remove a number of armor tokens from the defense box equal to the boss’s current Attack value.
OR
B: Start of the first Resolution step: Remove a number of hit tokens from the defense box equal to the boss’s current Attack value.

Hope you guys can help me answer/clarify these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 1:
The key word is "additional". As you pointed out, pre-boss is forced.
Post-boss is additional.
Effectively, they will always put the good stuff at the bottom.

Part 2
The FAQ http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/WoWBG/WoW_FAQ_...
does not include this card or question.
However, there is some consistency with this error with the shadowguard power.
I believe the text is incorrect and should read: "At the beginning of the defence phase".
Thus, the armour is removed and does not prevent damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarir Khosh Vadoud
msg tools
I agree with both your explanations. Thanks.

Weird that the FAQ hasn't been updated with this error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.