Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks!

I've just created a Geeklist to try to get people in touch for group-buys/multiple copies of games on Kickstarter. Definitely some great games on at the moment and it'd be sweet to make those crippling shipping costs a little bit easier on the gaming budget.

Couldn't get people to join up for D-Day dice and completely missed the gorgeous Glory to Rome reprint. Thought there might be other people in the same situation so Geeklist: Kickstarter: New Zealand Group-buys

Hope to see some of you over there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea, subscribed and saved on my Quickbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*bump*

Looking for two more brave souls to join in on a group buy for Fleet for US$22.5 (game + KS promos + stretch goals rewards)

*crickets*
*tumbleweeds*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any Interest in a group buy for the Tsuro of the High Seas project?

Not a bad price but shipping could be horrid for just 1 copy!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/781219801/tsuro-of-the-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real way to do Tsuro of the Seas at any reasonable price would be to convince a gaming store to put in for a retailer set. If there was a store willing to do this I would put down money up front and I'm sure others would too. Maybe talk to King of Cards in Auckland and see what they think of the idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tammany Hall anyone?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872179144/tammany-hall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dipree wrote:
The only real way to do Tsuro of the Seas at any reasonable price would be to convince a gaming store to put in for a retailer set. If there was a store willing to do this I would put down money up front and I'm sure others would too. Maybe talk to King of Cards in Auckland and see what they think of the idea?

I only just saw this, but the retailer option is currently restricted to brick and mortar stores.

Nonetheless, we'll touch base with them and see if we can work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be more than happy to put down the money up front too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:

That looks fun - but works out at $70 US shipped whether you get 1 or 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thereat wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

That looks fun - but works out at $70 US shipped whether you get 1 or 10

Yes true i had just worked that out as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a shame that they offer the 4 pack to US at a discount, but then a 10 pack for RoW that is no discount at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
Dipree wrote:

I only just saw this, but the retailer option is currently restricted to brick and mortar stores.

David, did you get chance to email them?

I was going to try and convince my local Toyworld if nothing happened on here - they already offer the local Wargaming group a discount so you never know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thereat wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
Dipree wrote:

I was going to try and convince my local Toyworld if nothing happened on here - they already offer the local Wargaming group a discount so you never know!

Hi John - yes, I emailed them yesterday after writing that post. I'm still waiting to hear from them, although it's probably only early Monday in the US so we have a few days yet before we need to know.

I'm not sure why it's restricted to brick and mortar stores - we'd love to be able to bring the game in at an affordable price, and use the autographed copies as giveaways at Board Games By The Bay.

Here's hoping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
"Oh My God! There's An Axe In My Head." The Game of International Diplomacy, anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Dransfield
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Tim at PixelPark he will have copies of this and the original Tsuro about 4 or 5 weeks after the US release of the game.

seriouslyboard wrote:
Thereat wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
Dipree wrote:

Hi John - yes, I emailed them yesterday after writing that post. I'm still waiting to hear from them, although it's probably only early Monday in the US so we have a few days yet before we need to know.

I'm not sure why it's restricted to brick and mortar stores - we'd love to be able to bring the game in at an affordable price, and use the autographed copies as giveaways at Board Games By The Bay.

Here's hoping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
MissMenolly wrote:
According to Tim at PixelPark he will have copies of this and the original Tsuro about 4 or 5 weeks after the US release of the game.

seriouslyboard wrote:
Thereat wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
Dipree wrote:

Here's hoping!

Great news! We've been chasing this for 2 years, and I bet Tim has been doing similarly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I've been super keen to get Tsuro since I saw it on TableTop with Wil Wheaton. Tim just earned himself a big sloppy kiss! Just kidding. Perhaps a back slap?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven De Toni
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
New_Zealand_Neil wrote:
Awesome! I've been super keen to get Tsuro since I saw it on TableTop with Wil Wheaton. Tim just earned himself a big sloppy kiss! :) Just kidding. Perhaps a back slap?!

Played this a few times, its a quick but fun filler and nicely produced game. Best with lots of player so you can enjoy the destruction of others yet narrowly miss yourself.... until the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New_Zealand_Neil wrote:
Awesome! I've been super keen to get Tsuro since I saw it on TableTop with Wil Wheaton. Tim just earned himself a big sloppy kiss! Just kidding. Perhaps a back slap?!

Thanks to
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I learnt this the weekend before Wellycon. This turns out to be a kinder gentler Metro-lite filler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well this is an exciting development. We've been trying to source Tsuro for about 2 years without success, and the game itself has been out for close to a decade.

Its resurgence, coinciding with the release of the sequel, and Wil Wheaton's polished endorsement, has returned it to the fore.

We'll be sure to arrange a pre-order to celebrate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in David!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new backer level on Tsuro of the Seas that gives both versions of Tsuro for the same shipping.

International Gunner: You asked for it and here it is… You’ll receive the 1st Gunner plus Tsuro the game of the path and the shipping rates will remain the same! Now you’ll get both games and all the swag in a single shipper essentially reducing the international shipping cost per game by half!

So this would make it US$138 for us. Not sure how that would compare to retail price here though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dipree wrote:
There's a new backer level on Tsuro of the Seas that gives both versions of Tsuro for the same shipping.

International Gunner: You asked for it and here it is… You’ll receive the 1st Gunner plus Tsuro the game of the path and the shipping rates will remain the same! Now you’ll get both games and all the swag in a single shipper essentially reducing the international shipping cost per game by half!

So this would make it US$138 for us. Not sure how that would compare to retail price here though.

Thanks for pointing that out, but it doesn't help much.

I can't speak for any other retailers - especially brick and mortars - but SB will have both combined for $110 plus freight. I expect other online stores will have something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.