Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgrant wrote:
"Triple Urban Structures & 2nd Story" has $30 international shipping.

There's a geeklist linked in the initial post of this thread:

Kickstarter: New Zealand Group-buys

Edit - too slow

Oopps - dammit I really need to read these Kickstarter levels better!! :/ So not as large a saving for combined pledge then (slight, but probably not worth the hassle of NZ distribution

Thanks for pointing out the geeklist... will start using it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered only one copy of "Oh My God! There's An Axe In My Head." The Game of International Diplomacy . Thanks to all who responded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pity there wasn't enough demand for a group buy, Sam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:

Yeah thanks David.

I think the title is rubbish and is a barrier, so I can understand people not wanting to go too far. The theme isn't popular, if it were Dungeon perverts or shipping goods on boats no problems.

Next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:

Yeah thanks David.

I think the title is rubbish and is a barrier, so I can understand people not wanting to go too far. The theme isn't popular, if it were Dungeon perverts or shipping goods on boats no problems.

Next time.

Sounds like a no brainer to bring to Wellycon next year Sam (still working on the avatar )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:

Yeah thanks David.

Next time.

Sounds like a no brainer to bring to Wellycon next year Sam (still working on the avatar )

Yep I'll bring it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter: New Zealand Group-buys. I've added an item ... Ace Detective. I don't think I want it as it is story telling, BUT the artwork is fabulous and it's by Richard Launius who I think is very good and has designed some of my favourite games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron schuppan
New Zealand
wellington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys, I'm not mentioning this as a group buy idea, but thought I'd let you know that I have just backed this game as

1: it looks like a pretty great game and a bit different.
2: the artwork looks AMAZING, and I'm all about that.
3: it's only $10 shipping to NZ.

I want to stress I'm in no way involved with the game of promoting it, but I did see on this thread the extra shipping costs are what stops people so I thought I'd mention it on here for those interested.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451575426/fallen-city-of...

Edit for BGG link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/125879/fallen-city-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed! I had skipped over it after being disillusioned with Glory to Rome on Kickstarter, but the game looks pretty damn good so I've gone for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that we have a geeklist to try to organise those group buys

Kickstarter: New Zealand Group-buys

What we got going at the moment:

City of Iron (need 2, 3 days to go)
Viticulture (one slot available, 8 days to go)
Salmon Run (one slot available, 28 days to go)
Fallen City of Karez (six copies options, 7 days to go)

(apologies to those of you who consult the list )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone interested in a copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse: Shattered Timelines.

Two copies of the expansion including shipping to NZ and all stretch rewards is US$50 each.

Three copies of the expansion including shipping to NZ and all stretch rewards is US$44 each.

If they arrive as expected (May) we can arrange NZ distribution at Wellicon if others will be there also, otherwise split the cost of domestic shipping.

If interested please comment here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/134553/item/2379378#item23...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Sam, want to assuage my curiosity for a moment? What attracts you so much to kickstarter games? I guess my feeling is that they're often at a high price point compared to any likely later release, and often still quite prototypey, so will benefit from a bit of playtesting and a v 2...

Yet you seem quite the avid kickstart supporter, so I'm guessing they tickleyour preferences some way or another, just curious what it is my inner accountant fails to appreciate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
Hey Sam, want to assuage my curiosity for a moment? What attracts you so much to kickstarter games? I guess my feeling is that they're often at a high price point compared to any likely later release, and often still quite prototypey, so will benefit from a bit of playtesting and a v 2...

Yet you seem quite the avid kickstart supporter, so I'm guessing they tickleyour preferences some way or another, just curious what it is my inner accountant fails to appreciate

Hey Dean

Ah, good question I hadn't thought much about it; I usually shrug it off but since you ask...

I'm the antithesis of an accountant and I seem to have an inner Evil Kenevil or Andy Kaufman. And you are, of course, correct, it's better to wait for it to get cheaper and tested. For some reason I rebel at measuring the value of things through money, it seems so narrow, restrictive and boring. I recently took over a Chch meetup board games and cards group and paid $72 for 6 months to keep it going (or it would close). Two of the gamers I play with went into rants about cheaper ways to run such a group and what a rip-off and how little functionality I get for the money and .... my response: it's only fecking money.

I had to describe the role I wanted recently so I put down Explorer. It just seemed more fun. Not the mucky kind with no washing, sachet food and insect bites. And I'm an enthusiast, I like to find things to rave about.

I like finding games noone else I know has found and introducing them to people. I did that with The Resistance here in Chch now everyone has it. I'm trying to do the same with The Castle of the Devil. And the KS
Chicken Caesar which arrived this week has to be the most awesome game I've found in going through several hundred I've looked at.

One of my main things about games I love is fun and variety and discovery for me and people I play with.

Well that was a lot more than I was intending to say, but thanks for asking: I enjoyed thinking about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone seen the coloured baggies up at the minute - $25 US for 110 baggies to organise your games or less for a group purchase

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/85695321/colored-baggies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Money is just a system point token to allow you to have a common unit of comparison for different game strategies People make different investments/payments based on how they value that item, but a little like scalping, kickstart seems to be able to leverage to a higher price point based on fan appeal.

I can appreciate the appeal of introducing new games to people, but guess being a bit newer to the scene, I'm still working through the mainstream games (although some mainstream games are still coming through kickstarter i.e. flash point fire rescue expansions).

Was just curious and appreciate the considered response.

SamNzed wrote:
moonglow wrote:

Hey Dean

Ah, good question I hadn't thought much about it; I usually shrug it off but since you ask...

I'm the antithesis of an accountant and I seem to have an inner Evil Kenevil or Andy Kaufman. And you are, of course, correct, it's better to wait for it to get cheaper and tested. For some reason I rebel at measuring the value of things through money, it seems so narrow, restrictive and boring. I recently took over a Chch meetup board games and cards group and paid $72 for 6 months to keep it going (or it would close). Two of the gamers I play with went into rants about cheaper ways to run such a group and what a rip-off and how little functionality I get for the money and .... my response: it's only fecking money.

I had to describe the role I wanted recently so I put down Explorer. It just seemed more fun. Not the mucky kind with no washing, sachet food and insect bites. And I'm an enthusiast, I like to find things to rave about.

I like finding games noone else I know has found and introducing them to people. I did that with The Resistance here in Chch now everyone has it. I'm trying to do the same with The Castle of the Devil. And the KS
Chicken Caesar which arrived this week has to be the most awesome game I've found in going through several hundred I've looked at.

One of my main things about games I love is fun and variety and discovery for me and people I play with.

Well that was a lot more than I was intending to say, but thanks for asking: I enjoyed thinking about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really worth a group buy but Guilds of Cadwallon looks interesting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/guilds-of-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Dipree wrote:
Not really worth a group buy but Guilds of Cadwallon looks interesting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/guilds-of-...

The pricing on that amused me.
One copy for $25 + $10 shipping.
Or two copies for $50 + $20 shipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/miniongames/hegemonic-4x...

Can get three for US$270 (US$90.00 each) instead of US$109.

Hegemonic is a game of galactic exploration, empire building, conflict, and cunning for 2-6 players playable in 30 to 45 minutes per player. Designed by Oliver Kiley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dipree wrote:

Hegemonic is a game of galactic exploration, empire building, conflict, and cunning for 2-6 players playable in 30 to 45 minutes per player. Designed by Oliver Kiley.

Looks good but:
a) post xmas empty wallet
b) kickstarter exclusives arent all that great (pin, bags? Meh) my understanding is that the retail version (US$75) is likely to have the components/board upgrades so will wait for that one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dipree wrote:

Without having time to watch the video, the obvious question that springs to mind is: "How similar is this to Eclipse?"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
Dipree wrote:

Without having time to watch the video, the obvious question that springs to mind is: "How similar is this to Eclipse?"...

Ah, so you haven't seen this geeklist then:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/115756/space-empire-bu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first read through the rules it seems to be a more euro style game than eclipse.

Edit: Game Rules http://www.miniongames.com/rules/Hegemonic.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
That was my initial feeling but looks like it has some other stuff in it.

Natch havent even played the expansion to eclipse yet, so Hegemony would have to be really special to loosen loot from my pocket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks so nice, can't get it here unfortunately.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/daysofwonder/small-world...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I found out the other day is NZ Post have an American hub. You can arrange to get an address at their hub (a US address) and when it arrives they know to forward it on to your NZ address.

I backed a project with free US shipping and $US40 international shipping using this hub. I set up my NZ Post US hub address and they have estimated $NZ21 shipping.

It doesn't ship til May so I won't be able to give a final result til then.

If you are interested look at NZPost.co.nz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.