Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read and heard a lot of "Meh" reviews of the base game. Does the expansion make this game better? Worth buying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
United States
Fayetteville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It adds 3 characters (Sulu, Chekov and Scotty) to the game and allows you to play with 5 people. It does not add any new missions or anything else.

I enjoy the base game already, though.

I paid $11 for the expansion, so I think it was worth it. Having the ability to play with 5-players is good, too.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To get to the original question, I think someone who doesn't like the game will definitely not like it either with the expansion.

So you won't see any reviews that the game "now suddenly is great" because of the expansion.

I like the game and buying the expansion was a no-brainer for me, although it doesn't substantially alter the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both and agree with the other comments. The expansion doesn't "change" the base game enough to alter your opinions if you thought the base game was "meh"

I'm guessing the second expansion will be new missions or a new planet and might change enough to alter someone's view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched Drakkenstrike's review and then ordered the base game & expansion. Thanks for your advice! If any of you are ever in the Albany, NY area & are up for some gaming, drop me a line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.