Sophie Morgan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so this isn't a raging hot deal; it's still a boatload of money. However, since I missed the preorders, this sale in their ding and dent store is the cheapest I've found Poseidon's Kingdom.

ThoughtHammer describes it as, "This game has slight to moderate cosmetic damage to the box and is still in the original shrinkwrap. The contents of the box are new, undamaged, and fully playable."

Since I'm not hung up on the box, I caved and ordered one this AM. It's shipping tonight.

If you throw in a card came or something to get over $100, you get free shipping.

http://www.thoughthammer.com/ding-dent-poseidons-kingdom-p-8...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Poseidon's Kingdom -- ThoughtHammer Ding and Dent -- $89.10
why is this worth that kind of money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:

Extremely limited print run combined with fairly one of a kind components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:

Because your avatar is sort of in the game? laugh

I remember watching Tom Vasel's review. The components were unique, as UndeadViking said, and the wave/tsunami thing for throwing dice on the board seemed neat, but the game overall didn't appeal to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:

It was $100 to begin with most places so it isn't that they are jacking the price up.

They only made 900 some copies and it sold out in fairly short order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also a really enjoyable game.

I picked up a copy from Timewellspent and everyone we've played it with has enjoyed playing. The bits are magnificent and the gameplay really shines. Also, it's a dice game which dice game fans will love -- but the dice don't determine your fate, leaving it to the players themselves to make smart, strategic plays.

It's definitely an "expensive" game I have never regretted buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Magus And Princess wrote:
How much was this game at launch? Iv been watching it since Tom Vassal reviewed it and have been holding off in hopes of a reprint. If the game was super expensive anyways I guess I should just lower my standards a bit and buy a bit higher.

I THINK it was around $60 or $70 to get it directly through the Fragor brothers. That is where I got mine. I don't recall the exact amount however.

The thing with their designs is that they do a small print run and then see if a larger company wants to take it over and publish it for them - at least that is what they have done in the past. When/if it gets reprinted is a bit of a crapshoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Morgan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I got up this morning and it looks like they are out. They still have the "pristine" version for $115. Updating OP to reflect deadness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
I THINK it was around $60 or $70 to get it directly through the Fragor brothers. That is where I got mine. I don't recall the exact amount however.

It was more than that after shipping. My choices were $90 CDN to my house here, or $85 or so to a US address and go pick it up. So the ding and dent price was pretty close to the original offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.