Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow BGGers.

Ive been working on trying to condense my TtR boxes & have been printing out tuck boxes & finding little plastic containers for my trains, when my progress cam e to a screeching halt. There are not templates for tuck boxes for the Asia Map set. My OCD tendencies will not allow me to put them in a the wrong box with something scribbled out or added. (what good geek would???)

Rather than be patient, I looked around & tried to go to a site I found referenced for making your own tuck boxes but that is gone.

My geek skills are terribly lacking in this area...so if there is someone out there who was considering making these boxes..please know they would be very much appreciated!

BTW Asia team board is great & we've been enjoying this the most of all our TtR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is advice that is helpful, but...

For my games I I don't go full on tuck box, I kinda just make cartstock tubes. I use decient carstock (pastels & such) make nice crisp folds, and paste on reduced scans of the backs on the two sides. They look nice, hold the cards well, (not too tall a stack of cards, length of the tube almost as long as the hight of the cards) and they are a snap to make, with no fuss over templates and simple measures (using the cards themselves).

I wish I had a camera handy, I could post some pictures.

But full on tuck-box is cool too.

Advice for anyone either way is 'rubber cement'; dry mount 'rubber cement'. I can't emphisise that enough, King of Glue, rubber cement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need a photo. I'm trying to visualize what you are describing. I get stuck with "tubes", obviously you are creasing them but I just can see them. If you could add a photo it would be worth a 100 words.

I'm sure I can figure out an alternative to tuck boxes but I like my lovely game components to be stored in an equally lovely way.

In the meantime a scan of the back of the card affixed to the baggie might have to do, at least it would look nicer than scribbling "Asia" in Sharpie.

Gwfalcon wrote:
I don't know if this is advice that is helpful, but...

For my games I I don't go full on tuck box, I kinda just make cartstock tubes. I use decient carstock (pastels & such) make nice crisp folds, and paste on reduced scans of the backs on the two sides. They look nice, hold the cards well, (not too tall a stack of cards, length of the tube almost as long as the hight of the cards) and they are a snap to make, with no fuss over templates and simple measures (using the cards themselves).

I wish I had a camera handy, I could post some pictures.

But full on tuck-box is cool too.

Advice for anyone either way is 'rubber cement'; dry mount 'rubber cement'. I can't emphisise that enough, King of Glue, rubber cement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

'tube' is just a folded 'box', open on the two ends. Just cut a stip just short of the length of the card, wrap it around the deck with nice crisp folds (use the deck to get the exact size, and then (dry mount) glue it up, works just dandy. I'll borrow my brothers camera tomorrow and post a photo of some of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to another tuck box generator that I've never tried. It's a shame that the one I used to use doesn't seem to be there anymore.

http://english.artegami.com/tuckbox-online-generator/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan.

I went to the site & made 2 boxes.

They are meh...they are restrictive & I'm not talented enough to remove the propiertary text or add pretty images. cry I assume someone with more know-how would be able to play with it more.

I was able to add a scan of the card back & glue it to the tuck boxes.

They will work until someone comes along & makes beautiful ones.

I do appreciate that you took the time to let me know about the site. Thank you very much. kiss

ytter wrote:
Here's a link to another tuck box generator that I've never tried. It's a shame that the one I used to use doesn't seem to be there anymore.

http://english.artegami.com/tuckbox-online-generator/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, here is a photo of what I am talking about...

Game Snob Mom wrote:
I really need a photo. I'm trying to visualize what you are describing. I get stuck with "tubes", obviously you are creasing them but I just can see them. If you could add a photo it would be worth a 100 words.

I'm sure I can figure out an alternative to tuck boxes but I like my lovely game components to be stored in an equally lovely way.

In the meantime a scan of the back of the card affixed to the baggie might have to do, at least it would look nicer than scribbling "Asia" in Sharpie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh...now I understand. It's like a cardstock sleeve for holding the whole deck. They look useful & easy to make. Probably much less work for making them & also easier for putting the cards away too. Do you see a difference in the condition of the cards over time? (since the entire card isn't protected)

Thanks you taking the time to take the photo & post it! A photo was really worth 1000 words.

Gwfalcon wrote:
OK, here is a photo of what I am talking about...

Game Snob Mom wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not at all, I sleeve all my cards (mostly) so I haven't noticed any wear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, Tyson has his tuckbox generator back up again.

http://tuckbox.gameupdates.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.