Galen Ciscell
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
If I mug someone, do I have state up front which of their face-up cards I am planning to take? Alternatively, do I have to state ahead of time I am planning to take a card from their hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
We play yes to both. This gives the mugged person an informed choice to simply agree and avoid a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, we assumed that as well (mostly based on the Kid's special ability). However, if the attacker declares they are mugging for a random card, how do you stop the person being mugged from simply revealing all of their cards during the subsequent fight, leaving them with no cards in hand to be taken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
gciscell wrote:
Ok, we assumed that as well (mostly based on the Kid's special ability). However, if the attacker declares they are mugging for a random card, how do you stop the person being mugged from simply revealing all of their cards during the subsequent fight, leaving them with no cards in hand to be taken?

Interesting! This game produces so many great opportunities to thwart your opponents.

My gut (the usual arbiter in our Lifeboat rules debates) says let them reveal, and prevent the theft. It costs them something to reveal, obviously, and the fight, once started, will happen either way.

Jeff will weigh in eventually, I suspect, with the official answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Strict interpretation of the rules is that they declare for a revealed card or a random down card. I would only allow the turning up of weapons during the fight.

In the next edition, I'm probably going to let the winner of the mugging choose a face up or random down card after the mugging is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.