Subject: Need some more Wonders and other stuff ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm Shima from Switzerland and I'm a big fan of 7 Wonders.. I'm speaking (writing) an ugly english, but I'll try my best :

I've made some new Wonders that you can find in HD here (there's some other stuff too..)
http://gusandco.net/tag/shima/

Now for the rules :
(Again, I'm quite ashamed of the english you're going to read but let's go anyway)

VP = victory point / p = piece

Helvetia (permanent peace like in the Cities expansion)
A
Stage 2 : get 15 VP if you have a serie of 3 red cards, one of each Age.
B
Stage 1 : get 3 p each time you build a red card.
Stage 2 : get 15 VP if you have a serie of 3 red cards, one of each Age.
Stage 3 : each 3 p is worth 1 VP.
Stage 4 : The winner has to give you 1 $ and you're the winner, everyone gives you 1 $

(15 VP may seem a lot, but remember war brings you no VP...)

Atlantis (gain 2 p each time you build a gray card)
A
Stage 2 : you can build Guilds for 1 ressource less than normal and every Guild brings you 2 VP.
B
Stage 1 : every Guild brings you 1 VP.
Stage 2 & 3 : draw 2 Guilds from the ones that aren't used for this game and build one for free (the other Guild is definitively discarded).

Sparta (a half-shield, there's no more equality for you...)
A
Stage 2 : everybody except you has to discard one Leader (you don't choose wich one, they do..)
B
Stage 1 : each time you build a card for free, gain one -1VP.
Stage 2 : 3 VP, everybody except you has to discard 2p and one military token (you don't choose wich one, they do..)
Stage 3 : exchange (one time only) 5 "-1VP" for 2 "5VP" military token.

Angkor Wat
A
Stage 1 : you can copy one "free-build" that a neighbour possess, one time in Age II and one time in Age III.. (lousy translation, hope you understand...)
Stage 2 : when you build this stage, take 1 p for each gray, blue and green card that you have in play. Each gray card is worth 1 VP at the end of the game.
B
Stage 1 : Each time you build your wonder (this stage included), everyone has to discard 2 p.
Stage 2 : when you build this stage, take 1 p for each brown, red and yellow card that you have in play. Each gray card is worth 1 VP at the end of the game.

Persepolis
You (and I) need the Cities expansion to play this one...

Venezia
The mask works like this : when you build a stage with a mask, place a token on a neighbour's card. You can use this card's power. You don't own it, you only borrow its power.
A
Stage 2 : choose a Leader card or a black card to copy between both of your neighbours. (If you don't have the Leader expansion, choose any Age II card)
B
Stage 1 : choose a wonder's stage 1 or a yellow card to copy from your left neighbour.
Stage 2 : choose a red card or a green card to copy from your right neighbour.
Stage 2 : choose a blue card or a Guild to copy between both of your neighbours.

Caylus (yes, Caylus... like Catan...)
pig ressource = cloth ressource (it was just for fun.. there's a ton of easter eggs in this card..)
A
Stage 1 : gain 3 p and anytime (but only one time) on Age II you can take 1 p for each green card you have in play.
Stage 2 : 5 VP (to build this stage you must have (or buy) one cloth and 2 primary ressources that aren't the same)
Stage 3 : 4 VP (to build this stage you must have (or buy) one cloth and 3 primary ressources that aren't the same)
Stage 4 : 3 VP and the King grants you a favour ! For each Guild you have that has two arrows pointing at your neighbours, add one arrow pointing at yourself.
B
It's only the "limited edition" of the A-side...

These Wonders have all been tested and work pretty well...
The only one I doubt a little is Angkor Wat B who seem a little too powerful..

Two more Wonders are coming with my Faith expansion : Syracuse and Carthage..
But don't expect this expansion before one month, I have to test it...
(and I have to make one or two Guild, Leader, Goodies, etc.)
Meanwhile, please find someone who can translate.. Faith will have a ten pages book-rules, I'm not sure I'll be able to make this in english.

We (me and a friend) also made some Leaders that will be released pretty soon...
I'll keep you in touch if you're interested.

Phew, that was a hard exercise for me, hope you survived...

Je vous souhaite une excellente soirée et j'espère que vous apprécierez mes petites merveilles ! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your English is just fine. There is nothing here you need be embarrassed or ashamed of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx..
I'm a bit shy, and since video games taught me english, I was pretty sure I would suck at writing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All hail Shima! This looks amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Bucks
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are excellent - and beautiful too! Well done Shima
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wang quanchi
Taiwan
flag msg tools
I'm come form Taiwan. like everyone in this forum, I love the 7 wonders,too!

can I translate the new stuff to our country ? I won't use it on money paid .

I really like the new stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh boy, please do !!!

I would love to see the rules in Taiwanese ! Please send me a copy when you have done it !

...and thank you for all your support !blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Leaders are available..
I'll describe them later.

http://gusandco.net/2012/03/04/de-nouveaux-leaders-flamboyan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wang quanchi
Taiwan
flag msg tools
oh my god !

I really like those new leaders !

but, I consider that the new leaders have some drawbacks.

a lot of these leaders' abilities are related to "army" , that lower the interesting in "building a city" (and that's the most funny of the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wang quanchi
Taiwan
flag msg tools
hey Shima , I translate the new Stuff to Chinese~ !

that's my blog , although you maybe couldn't read the Chinese , you can read it like some funny things
http://s7981617.pixnet.net/blog/post/18050506

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful wonder boards!
I just printed them up on Saturday. Can't wait to play with them. Really excited about playing Helvetica! (great way to educate people about your culture Shima)
Do you mind if I offer some constructive criticism?
1. You may want to think about resizing the Jpeg for the wonder boards. I took them to kinkos to get them professionally printed onto card stock. They came out a little larger than the other wonder boards. I also laminated them. After lamination they almost don't fit in the box. The corners of the lamination bend when I put the box top on. Not a big deal, just thought you might want to know.
2. kikos would prefer a PDF to Jpeg. They were happy to convert it for me (maybe this is cause of the size problem), but you might want to make this change on the original.
3. Would be neat to have some mask tokens for Venice to place on other people's cards. There is lots of empty space on the page where these tokens could be placed and printed.

Wow, wow, wow!!!! Thanks again! 7 wonders is very popular game at my weekly gaming group. Your wonders will make everyone so happy. Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To wang quanchi :
Nice translation !!
I don't speak a word of Chinese (except ni hao) but it looks terrible ! Thanx.
About what you say for the "military" Leader, you're quite right. Gus, the other guy who developped half of these Leaders, is quite aggressive when he plays 7 Wonders. I'm more a "hell, let's make a lot of VP" guy, so my Leaders are more docile...

That's also the reason why we didn't put a list of "which Leader should be replaced by which one". Everyone has a different feeling about Leaders, and since we made a lot of new ones, choose the ones you like, and leave the others...

To Bob the Builder :
I like your style, so go on with some criticism. Especially when it's constructive like you did...
1. hmm, that a nice remark, I didn't think about the fact that this little difference could create some "print-issues". I'll try to correct this, but first I have a lot of work to do with Faith, my next expansion (It's sucking my time and my brain...)
2. You have a link on the site that brings you on pdf. Quality is quite correct, I print them from this... I hope it's enough :
http://gusandcodotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/reglesrapi...
http://gusandcodotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/reglesrapi...
http://gusandcodotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/reglescayl...
3. Don't have the time toright now to put them on pdf as well, but here are the token I made (3 of them are for the Manneken Pis) :

Thank you again for all your compliments ! modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wang quanchi
Taiwan
flag msg tools
hey! dear Shima !

I really excited to your new expansion "faith" .

as a Chinese (Taiwan is different from China, but both of us are Chinese. )

so could I ask you to make some GODS with the East style ?

I can give some ideas . like...

關羽 (Guan Yu)

our god of military, and also a god of justice , god of fortune .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

觀世音菩薩 (Bodhisattva)

Our god of mercy . She makes human happy , relieved , honest .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on an English translation for the three most recent links. I'll post them or send them to you when I am finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be appreciated.

All of this looks beautiful, but I don't know what any of it means. Google Chrome can't translate the PDFs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To wang quanchi :
I really like Guan Yu, but... let me explain..
There will be 3 kind of gods in my extension :
Greek gods (You saw those on the link..)
Egyptian Gods (Do funny things, cost money to summon..)
Babylonian Gods (You play them only with the Team Version of the game)
So I'd love to have some Asian Gods, but they have to do something special.. I'll think about it.. (and I keep Guan Yu's image hidden in my PC..

To Bob the Builder :
Wouhouu !!
Can't wait to see !

And for the Leaders, her we go :
http://gusandco.net/2012/03/04/de-nouveaux-leaders-flamboyan...

Aloooors...
Next are the Leaders from Gus.

Herodote
When you summon Herodote, copy one stage (and therefore gain the power) of your neighbour's wonder that's already built.

Cypselos
When you summon Cypselos, recieve the same amount of money of one of your neighbour from the bank (after the neighbour in question has payed or discarded his Leader).

Cyrrus
Every red card you have gains 1 Shield.

Pythie
When you summon the Pythie, you have to give a token to the player you think will win this game. If you're right, you'll finish second no matter how high your score is. If you're wrong or you're the winner, nothing happens.

Hua Mulan & Attila
When you summon these Leaders, the total of your neighbour's shields is lowered by 1 or 2.

Socrate
At the end of the game, you can change one scientific symbol from one card into another.

Damocles
When you summon Damocles, destroy one (green, blue, red or yellow) card from one of your neighbour.

Next Leaders are mine.

Spartacus
At the end of the game, VP that your neighbour can have, using Guild that use your cards, are not count. (is this clear ?)

Ulysse
If you haven't built any stage of your wonder, Ulysse gives you 7 VP.

Darius
Take immediately one 3VP Victory Token and give to each of your neighbour one -1VP Defeat Token.

Aggripine
For every shield coming into play in your city, take 1 piece from the bank.

Gilgamesh
Same power as the second stage's power of Babylone (B side).

Vercingetorix
When you summon Vercingetorix, discard two -1VP Defeat Tokens and take a 3VP Victory Token. You can do this exchange only once.

Phryne
When you summon Phryne, take two new Leaders from the Leader pile and put them for free. You can't choose which Leaders will come into play, it's poker-time !

Bonus Leaders :

Antoine Bauza :
You can build your wonder's stages in any order you want. Start with 2nd stage, then 3rd stage and not building the first one ? why not...

Sith Lord
When you summon the Sith Lord, you can take all the card of Age II and Age III and look at them. You can see which Guilds will be available. This Leader will be useful once Cities is out, since you can also see which black cards will be available...

Urvasi
When you summon Urvvasi, take swap a card from your neighbour with a card from your other neighbour. This excchange has to respect colors and it's limited to blue, red, green or yellow cards. For example : swap one red card with another red card. Or one green card with annother green card and so on.

Chuck Norris
"When Chuck Norris plays 7 Wonders, he's THE ONLY wonder."
When you summon Chuck Norris, discard all wonders (yours included). You'll loose the wonder's power and ressource. If a player has built some stage of his wonders, the card used are returned and put into play for free...

Voilà, it's all for now. Have fun and don't forget : if you don't like a Leader, don't put it in your game, you're all adults now !goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PM Sent

Also 2 people at my game group want copies of your wonder boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Pullman
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Printed out 5 of the wonders (the ones we can play with) and had a No Leaders 4p with Angkor Wat A, Helvetia A, Atlantis (A?), and Caylus. Angkor Wat (Myself) won pretty handily with Helvetia behind by 9 points. Here are my first impressions:

Angkor Wat A's 2nd wonder stage felt a little weak to me, but I did end up with 68 pts. In most games, that's a respectable winning score, so I have a hard time thinking that it wouldn't be welcome with any of the other Wonders.

Atlantis is ridiculously difficult. I think that there has to be some starting resource there, or else that player will be hamstrung from the start (the owner of our copy played this one - ended up pretty shoddy).

I couldn't get a great read on Helvetia or Caylus, but I am very excited to try both of them (particularly the latter). Caylus appears to be like a strange cousin of Giza B at this point, but I need to play it to know further.

Good stuff, I enjoyed playing with these new wonders and we will continue to work them into the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your report.

Caylus is effectively a "cousin" of Giza. You'll see that if you have a little luck with the Guilds, this wonder will bring you a lot of extra VP, but it doesn't always work... And don't focus too much on the first stage's power : if green cards does'nt come, let it go and try something else...

Angkor Wat is quite strange... His power also seems a little weak to me with the A-side, but people often win with this wonder... I think that the second stage's power influences a lot your way of playing and a strategy based on blue and some green cards hardly fails. Still I think it's one of my favourite to play.

Atlantis was a hard one to equilibrate.. especially the B-side. Sometimes I won with more than 15 VP on the second player, and sometimes it was right the opposite.. It depends a lot on which guild you recieve when you build the second ans third stage.
You should perhaps play B-side, and play the Guild for free instead of paying 2 coins for the 2nd and 3rd stage.
I don't think the "ressource" is wrong, it often offers a huge amount of money because your neighbours have to buy you a lot of these ressource you put into play (I often tend to play the 3 grey ressources, no matter what)... and with the yellow card on age III who gives you coins and VP for every grey card, it's a nice hit !

Please pay attention that these wonders were tested about 20 times each, not a hundred time like the original ones. I write down all comments people make me from the world and I will certainly make some little changes once I'm finished with my next extension.

So keep up in making some comments, even negative ones, as long as they are constructives ones as you did !

Thank you for playing them !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shima san wrote:
So keep up in making some comments, even negative ones, as long as they are constructives ones as you did !

Thank you for playing them !

Do you think it would be possible for you to consolidate all of the wonders into one post?

Every time I go to the website, I have to click three (maybe?) links to look at all of them. That's too much of a hassle!

>>

Great job on these, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Moved to Variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colormage1 wrote:
Do you think it would be possible for you to consolidate all of the wonders into one post?

Every time I go to the website, I have to click three (maybe?) links to look at all of them. That's too much of a hassle!
>>
Great job on these, by the way.

Thank you !
No need to worry, it will be done in a few days, with some beautiful translation made by Bob the Builder in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
Your drawings and wonder boards are amazing. I just wish I knew what everything meant. I will have to go back through your lovely posts. really really nice stuff! They should definitely hire you. =D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shima Tetsuo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiouuuuuu...
It's done, rules are correctly translated, all wonders are in one pdf file, and I've uploaded it a few seconds ago..

Don't know how many time it takes to BGG's Admin to make this file available.. I wish them good luck, there's a lot of stuff to read.. whistle
Oh, and thank you Stephanie for your kind words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Need some more Wonders and other stuff ?
I have read your contribution in the file section and has a few comments regarding Caylus:
The translation of your variant wonders uses "Cloth" everywhere, but "fabric" for Caylus. Is that intentional? It also says "sawmill & quarry", but it should be "sawmill or quarry". And may I suggest changing the castle icons: French "le Donjon" is also in English "the Keep", a sort of stand-alone tower castle, not necessarily "the Dungeon" (basement). The first icon should be a high stand-alone center tower, the second this tower surrounded by walls, the third should add corner towers. This is not what the graphics in premium limited edition Caylus says either, but the graphics was done by an English speaking person that got lost in translation. In Swedish military tradition the word "Donjon" is used for describing some high-rising fortress structures, not their basements.
(I have thumbed and geekgolded your post, so I hope you adjust it without further ado).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.