BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: iOS Safari problem viewing BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a weird one. In the past week or two my iPad and iPhone have trouble bringing up the customized (logged-in) BGG page. Instead Safari complains "can't find URL '/'". This also happens almost every time I click the "BGG guy" logo icon. At least every other time I click the logo, or a bookmark to "http://boardgamegeek.com", that message about missing "/" shows up instead. I've deleted and re-entered the bookmark. It doesn't matter if I put "www" in the URL or not.

The only thing I can do to refresh BGG is just to keep hammering on the URL, bookmark, or logo until it "takes". Eventually it will work, but I haven't found any clues to the problem yet. This is the only website that I've seen this happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to have problems with having to try to load pages 2-3 times to get them to take on occasion. I also had problems with how the ads displayed as well. Since I have had ad block activated this year I haven't had any issues. How ever BGG serves ads doesn't apparently work well with Safari.

I also have not upgraded to v5 of iOS and am using an iPad 1 if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Derrp!
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit home + power quickly to take a screenshot then upload so we can see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PO
Australia
Strathfield
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I have such issues on my computer I clean out the temporary internet files.
Try the following,

1. Ensure that Safari is not running.
2. Open up the Settings app.
3. Scroll down to the Safari link & open it.
4. Scroll to the bottom & press the "Clear Cache" & "Clear History" links. It's your call as to whether you go with "Clear Cookies".
5. Exit the Settings app.
6. Start up Safari & see if it's working.

Hopefully this is helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.