Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Trout
United States
Petersburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are the exhaustion rules for use in the Basic Game only? I am playing the advanced game, Secnario 7 of SJW and I belive that the exhaustion rules should apply.If I am wrong please direct me to the reference in the rules. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes exhaustion rules are always used. All of the basic rules are used in every scenario in every game. The advanced rules for each game are specific for that particular campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a clarification may be in order here. In the Advanced Scenarios, do units marching to F3 become exhausted during Recovery? Because the flipped 'white stripe' side is described as being used for units that have become Out of Supply during the Supply Phase.

Specifically, rules 20.3 Supply Status (p 25) indicates that "A unit is always deployed with its front side face up when it is first placed on the map and remains on this side as long as it is in supply. A unit is flipped to its reverse side when it goes out of supply and remains on this side until it regains "in supply" status."

As one of the Advanced Game rules, wouldn't that supersede the Basic Scenario exhaustion flip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, if I had looked further in the Standard Series rules, I would have seen the Note specifically about this:

Note: In SJW, HCR, and RTG, all military units’ reverse sides in the
GCACW Standard Rules are their “exhausted” sides, not “out of supply”
or “out of ammo.”

Chris, I will make the adjustment in our game file!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.