Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pulled up the Preliminary Event Listing for 3/2/2012. At what point will you identify whether the events are Class "A", "B", or "C"? I don't see these designations on the Chart.

Oh and what are "L" events? They are numbered along with the Century codes under the 2nd column of the chart.

This will be my first time to the conference. Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
The "L" ones are legacy events:

Quote:
What is a Legacy event? By a two-thirds majority vote, the Board of Directors may augment the list of Century events by awarding Legacy status to any non-Century event with a 10-year history of maintaining satisfactory player totals AND GM compliance with all BPA requirements/deadlines. Such events are added to the Century list and retain that status as long as they continue to maintain satisfactory player totals AND GM compliance.

This is still the preliminary list. The final list will have event descriptions with all the details.

Good to have a new attendee. What are you planning to play?

I'll be GMing Carcassonne for the kids and assisting with The Napoleonic Wars. I also usually play Robo Rally, Empire Builder, the Saturday Settlers tournament and whatever else fits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
Germany
Stuttgart-Plieningen
BW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if the event was run last year, you can get an idea of what class the event will be by looking at the 2011 previews at http://www.boardgamers.org/yearbkex/ (In case it's not clear, events that are red at the top are "A", yellow are "B" and green are "C".) That is not a guarantee for 2012 because the GM could be new or could change the format of the event, but most events hold steady to what they were previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.