Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Olson
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I just got into summoner wars and so far I love it! I have been unable to resist the urge to purchase everything available, and I either own everything or it is on the way.

I have just one problem: The cards in the Goodwin Blade are just a hair shorter lengthwise and a hair wider widthwise. This renders the reinforcements completely useless to me, since it clearly distinguishes between reinforcement and non-reinforcement cards in my deck. It makes it harder to shuffle as well.

Has anyone else had problems with this? I am hoping it's a bad batch of cards and not a common problem that will show up in the reinforcement packs on the way.

Also, how is Plaid Hat Games' customer service as far as replacements go?

On a semi-unrelated note, I also got an extra wall, reaver and Elut-Bal card in my Fallen Kingdom faction deck. It's sort of weird, but it doesn't bother me. I bought the faction deck from Amazon, and I bought the reinforcement deck from my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was discussed a few times in the Master Set forum, most recently here: Card sizes (why different?)

Basically there was a switch in printers which let the the cards being slightly different in size and at least in my (preordered) set, color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Olson
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it wouldn't be a problem if the different factions were different sizes as I wouldn't need to mix them. But when the FK and VG factions have different size cards from their reinforcements, that's a huge problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you could sleeve them? I know it's not an ideal solution but it would at least prevent you from being able to distinguish between them by feel.

Edit: As far as Plaid Hat Games Customer service goes, the experience I've had has been positive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkimb wrote:
As far as Plaid Hat Games Customer service goes, the experience I've had has been positive.

Ditto. I just recently had a couple of small problems handled exceedingly well by Colby. When a company responds to me like that, I can't help but throwing more money at them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.