Seize Your Turn» Forums » General

Subject: March Game Event, Saturday - March 17 - 1 pm-7 pm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
The next Seize Your Turn event is just under 2 weeks away!

When: Saturday, March 17th / 1pm – 7 pm
Where: Frank's (used to be La Taverna) near Valley Forge (near Plane Tree Ln & Valley Forge Rd, Phoenixville, PA 19460)

Feel free to bring some new bodies and a few games... Drink, Play, Score!

Please post below on what you want to play or are bringing.

See everyone there.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick A
United States
Exton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may bring Cosmic Encounter as I haven't played that in a while.

I may also bring Serenissima (first edition) while my old copy is still somewhat rare (reprint is comming sometime this year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you all sure this place won't be packed on St. Patty's Day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Are you all sure this place won't be packed on St. Patty's Day?

I don't know but it never seems to have that many people on a Saturday afternoon. I'm more concerned about the NCAA tournament packing them in than St. Patty's Day. I guess we'll find out if they have more of a football, hockey or basketball crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
I really have no idea what I'm bringing. laugh

Some ideas...

Considering 1812: The Invasion of Canada, fast light wargame for 5p with coop aspect that would take probably under 2 hours if anyone is interested. Easy rules, dice, cards, nice map. Technically you can play with 3 or 4, but it's a bit awkward since some people play two factions and others one.

The Princes of Florence - because I suck at this game, but still love it to death. C'mon, there must be someone that wants to play this great one?

Airlines Europe - it's sort of like a train game, but not really. A bit of set collection, stock ownership. Not overly long. It's got little wooden plastic planes. They're cute?

Puerto Rico - okay, I know I've played this like 700 times online, but it's so boring to play online. Plus, Felix gets to come this time and it's his favorite so someone must want to play it, right? It's not his birthday or anything, but he's been stuck grading piles of papers for the last two months and skipping gaming, so...

Imperial - because it's awesome and I never get to play it? But yeah, it's NOT short. Personally, I don't think the rules are complicated, just the game play. Plus, it's got a rondel. And a map? I'm trying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Wayne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but I'd love to try 1812 or Princes of Florence.

Airlines is a favorite of mine, so I'd be in for that if you needed some players.

And Navegador is one of my favorites, so I'd love to try Imperial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Ballard
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Looks like I might be bringing along a virgin... well, an SYT virgin at any rate

I don't see a specific 'game requests' thread so I hope it's ok to post them here. I have two:

- Settlers of Catan - since that's a game I know that the newbie I'm bringing has played before and likes; and

- Does anyone have the Game of Thrones board game? Looks interesting and I'm having Westeros-withdrawal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick A
United States
Exton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sab39 wrote:
Looks like I might be bringing along a virgin... well, an SYT virgin at any rate

I don't see a specific 'game requests' thread so I hope it's ok to post them here. I have two:

- Settlers of Catan - since that's a game I know that the newbie I'm bringing has played before and likes; and

- Does anyone have the Game of Thrones board game? Looks interesting and I'm having Westeros-withdrawal

I have both, however, I have the old version of game of thrones, not the new tweaked version. Does someone have the new one? Otherwise I could pack both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
sab39 wrote:

Seriously, me too. April 1 can't come soon enough. Not sure I'll have the brain power for that game, but it does look interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick A
United States
Exton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for coming on Saturday! There were a whole bunch of games being played. I know I saw:

Cosmic Encounter
The Princes of Florence
Power Grid: Factory Manager
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization
Catan
Small World Underground
San Juan
Skull
Puerto Rico

Lots of good gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
drazkor wrote:
Thanks everyone for coming on Saturday! There were a whole bunch of games being played. I know I saw:

Cosmic Encounter
The Princes of Florence
Power Grid: Factory Manager
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization
Catan
Small World Underground
San Juan
Skull
Puerto Rico

Lots of good gaming!

Also:
Outpost
Fürstenfeld
Carcassonne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.