Popular Tags: [View All]
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BSG Variant PBF game #25. This was made possible by ColtsFan76 and he still has my undying thanks for that.

This will be a 5 or 6 player, using Pegasus and Exodus, going to Kobol. This game will be a more mild variant than many currently seen in this area, using altered characters, destinations and other assorted house rules from
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Basic PBF Info in this post. Please see a couple posts down for specific variant info.

For info on PBF see - Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF

Things to remember/know:

Use the image banners so we know who you are!

Bold your actions! Nothing will be final until bolded.

Use italics for in character talk, and use images for flavor and fun. Find lots of them here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/678577/map-to-gerrys-bsg...

Subscribe to the thread! And if you don't visit often, turn on the option to forward your GeekMail to your email.

Send in your Conditional Orders (CO) and the game will run nice and smooth. I don't especially care to run a "fast" game, but it's more enjoyable when its moving along and not getting stalled for days or anything.

I will be using the Open Office spreadsheet and GIMP files from Orphius. I think they are amazing.

I like to make my board images after the current player has received their cards, so everyone knows how many cards are out there. So if you have a variable draw, please send in your COs for those as soon as you can.

I will not wait for Strategic Planning for Launch Scout rolls until we are down to 1 raptor. If you want to use them, make sure I have a CO.

I am human (  Battlestar Galactica - Not a Cylon ) and make mistakes or miss things, so please tell me if you think anything is wrong! It probably is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V24 - ?
It should be 25, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V24 - ?
Whoops, apparently so! Someone hasn't put 24 on the list yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V25 - ?
Whoops my bad. I'll do that tomorrow. I had to reserve 24, it's my second favourite number

Actually my second favourite NATURAL number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V25 - Character Flaw
Character Changes

Laura Roslin
Terminal Illness: Whenever the fleet jumps, discard a card and you are sent to "Sickbay".

Tom Zarek
Unconventional Tactics: During your turn, you may choose to lose 1 population instead of triggering the "Fail" effect on a Crisis card.

Friends in Low Places: Once per game, after the result of an "Administration" or "Brig" check has been revealed, you may change the result.

Tory Foster
Adaptable: Whenever the President plays a Quorum card, you may play a "Consolidate Power" Skill Card.

Influential: Action: Once per game, you may look at the top 5 cards of the Quorum deck. You may put up to 2 of them on the bottom of the deck and put the rest on top in any order.

Ellen Tigh
Adroit: Whenever you end your Movement step in the same location as another player, you pay pass him 1 Skill Card from your hand to draw 2 Skill Cards. They may come from outside your skill set.

Helena Cain
Intolerant: During your turn, if a player would be sent to the "Brig" as a result of a Crisis card or an "Admiral's Quarters" skill check, you may discard Skill Cards totaling 4 or more strength to execute that player instead.

Blind Jump: Action: Once per game, if at 6 or less distance, destroy 2 civilian ships to immediately jump the fleet; draw and resolve the second Destination card from the top. Then, if the fleet marker was on a red space, damage Galactica twice.

Bent on Revenge: If there is a basestar on the main game board, skip the “Prepare for Jump” step on your turn.

William Adama
Command Authority: Once per game, after a skill check has been resolved, you may take any or all Skill Cards used for the check into your hand instead of discarding them.

Emotionally Attached: The "Admiral's Quarters" and "Airlock" locations may not be activated by you or on your turn.

Saul Tigh

Cylon Hatred: Whenever a player activates the "Admiral's Quarters" or "Airlock" locations, you may reduce the difficulty by 3.

Karl "Helo" Agathon
Cylon Sympathiser: If there is a player in the "Brig", draw only 3 cards during your Receive Skills step.

Felix Gaeta
FTL Operator: Whenever you activate the "FTL Control" location, you may reroll the die. You must keep the new result.

Misguided: The Admiral makes the choice for you on all Crisis Cards that say "Current Player Chooses."

Lee "Apollo" Adama
Alert Viper Pilot: If a viper would be placed in a space area from the "Reserves", you may immediately pilot it and take one action. You may only do so if you are in a Galactica location, excluding the "Brig" or "Sickbay".

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
Secret Destiny: Once per game, after a Crisis card has been drawn, you may discard it. Then look at the top two cards of the Crisis deck, put one on the bottom of the deck and resolve the other.

Insubordinate: Whenever you are the target of an "Executive Order" Skill Card, you must discard one random Skill Card.

Louanne "Kat" Katraine
Hotshot: If you would roll a die during an Action step, you may instead discard a Skill Card. Use that card's strength +2 instead of the die roll. You may not do this when activating the "FTL Control" location.

Sacrifice: Action: Once per game, if piloting a viper, send yourself to "Sickbay" to destroy 5 raiders, 2 heavy raiders, 1 basestar or 2 civilian ships in your space sector.

Samuel "Longshot" Anders
Star Player: Movement or Action: Once per turn, discard any number of Skill Cards. Then draw that number of Skill Cards from any one type within your skill set.

Longshot: Once per game, you may determine the result of a die roll instead of rolling it. This result may not be rerolled or modified.

Stranded: Your character is not placed on the game board at the start of the game. While off the game board, you may not move or take actions. At the start of your 2nd turn, move your character to the "Hangar Deck" location.

Callandra "Cally" Tyrol
Discharge of a Firearm: Action: Once per game, you may discard two cards to execute another player in your current location.

Quorum Cards Changes
Assign VP: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards and pass this card to any other player. Keep this card in play.
This player is now next highest in the Presidential Line of Succession. In addition, no other player may be targeted with "Administration" or "Resignation". If this player becomes President, shuffle this card into the Quorum deck.

Assign Arbitrator: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards and pass this card to any other player. Keep this card in play.
Whenever a player activates the "Admiral's Quarters" or the "Airlock" location, this player may discard this card to reduce or increase the difficulty by 3.

Accept Prophecy: Draw 1 Skill Card of your choice (it may be from outside your skill set). Keep this card in play.
Whenever a player activates "Administration" or targets you with an "Admiral's Quarters" or "Airlock" skill check, increase the difficulty by 2. Then discard this card.

Presidential Order: Choose any other player and give him either the Admiral or the CAG title. Then discard this card.
Probation: Replaced by another copy of "Release Cylon Mugshots". (Choose another player and look at one of his loyalty cards at random. Then roll a die, if 3 or less -1 morale.)

Destinations Changes
3-Cylon Ambush: -2 fuel. Place 1 basestar and 3 raiders in front of Galactica and 1 basestar behind Galactica.

2-Derelict Basestar: -1 fuel. Place a basestar in front of Galactica. Damage it once. Remove the damage token at the start of the Admiral's next turn.

Skill Card Changes
Piloting Skill Cards
Full Throttle: Replaced with "Roll the Hard Six".
Roll the Hard Six: Reckless. Play before making a Skill Check. Roll a die. If 6 or higher, damage a basestar or destroy a Centurion. If the Skill Check is passed, you may roll again. These die rolls cannot be modified.

Treachery Rules
Destiny Deck is not made with Treachery. All players receive 1 Treachery card at the start of the game; all human players receive 1 as well as after the Sleeper Agent Phase. All Treachery cards discarded from human players' hands are shuffled into the Destiny Deck. (A player revealing as a Cylon is considered to be a Cylon player at time of discarding.)

Treachery Skill Cards
Broadcast Location: Reckless Skill Check: Increase the pursuit track by 1. (Obviously, only when playing with CFB.)

Human Weakness: Skill Check: This check is Reckless. Action: If at least 1 human player is in the "Brig", reduce the highest resource by 1. Then, you may do it again.

Sabotage: Play when a human player discards a Treachery Skill Card. Draw and resolve a damage token of your choice. Only one "Sabotage" card may be used per turn.

Cylon Leader Changes (if playing with 6)

"Caprica" Six
Conflicted Loyalties: You must discard a card to activate the "Cylon Fleet" and "Basestar Bridge" locations.

Leoben Conoy
Cryptic Message: Action: Once per game, you may swap your hand of skill cards with another player. Then choose either yourself or that player to take an additional Action.

Cylon Leader Agendas
Convert the Infidels: You win the game if the humans have won and the total resources are 12 or lower.

Prove Their Worth: You win the game if the humans have won and 7 or more raptors/vipers are damaged or destroyed.

The Illusion of Hope: You win the game if the Cylons have won and 7 or more distance has been travelled.

Reduce Them to Ruins: You win the game if the humans have won and 3 or more Galactica/Pegasus locations are damaged and Morale is 3 or lower. (Pegasus being destroyed counts.)

Salvage Their Equipment: You win the game if the Cylons have won and 1 or less Galactica location is damaged.

Grant Mercy & Guide Them to Destiny: Unchanged.

Other Important Misc. Stuff

Administration: (5YG) Choose a player and pass this check to give him the President title. That player may then move to the President's Office and activate it.

Pegasus Destruction: Admiral chooses: -1 fuel, -1 food OR -1 morale, -1 population.

Loyalty Deck: At the end of the game, if the last card in the loyalty deck is a "You are A Cylon" card, the other Cylon can reduce all resources by 1 OR damage Galactica twice OR activate Centurions.

Executions: Any titles the executed character held are transferred to the next character in the Line of Succession before the new character is picked.

Scar: Leave it in the deck (together with the Destination card "Mining Asteroid") even when playing with the CFB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V25 - Character Flaw - Open Call for Players!
I am putting this as open call, because the Variant Waiting list looks out of date to me, and it seems like everyone is already in games. I would like to leave this game open to variant newbies, if possible, and of course one space is reserved for markino.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I never understood why Kat can't use her ability on FTL Control. It's tricky to get it to blue -3 on her turn, and Anders can essentially do the same thing. Plus, she doesn't get enough play to warrant a nerf.

I love most of the other changes, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:
I never understood why Kat can't use her ability on FTL Control. It's tricky to get it to blue -3 on her turn, and Anders can essentially do the same thing. Plus, she doesn't get enough play to warrant a nerf.

I love most of the other changes, though.

Because Kat can now use Hotshot on ANY action step, not just her own. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mark, does Helo's new flaw replace Stranded? Or he has 4 things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is intended to replace Stranded, but that's mainly because I gave Anders Stranded so I needed a new drawback for Helo. That drawback has seen zero playtesting, just so everyone is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that's kinda what I figured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Gollin
Germany
flag msg tools
There are some nice ideas there.
Starbucks random discard seems harsh, but that's maybe necessary for the better OPG.

I'd like to join the crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone is wondering: the change to Adama's OPG is so he doesn't have to pick up any Treachery cards that might go to Destiny at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpg87 wrote:
There are some nice ideas there.
Starbucks random discard seems harsh, but that's maybe necessary for the better OPG.

I'd like to join the crew.

Welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
In case anyone is wondering: the change to Adama's OPG is so he doesn't have to pick up any Treachery cards that might go to Destiny at the end of the turn.

I was indeed. That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join. And having already played as a "sickbay-Roslin", let me tell you that I won't be touching her with a twelve foot pole Even without discarding a card per jump!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Burbank
ca
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join the crew. I am impressed by all the changes - they seem well-thought out, thematic, and all = gameplay improvements, rather than "wouldn't it be neat if we tried...".

I took one previous voyage with oriecat, I'll share the brief story of it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
I'd like to join the crew. I am impressed by all the changes - they seem well-thought out, thematic, and all = gameplay improvements, rather than "wouldn't it be neat if we tried...".

All this praise for my variants is going to my head. Next I'll be thinking I can make Mutineer work... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Mindy, I was going to tip you some GG for agreeing to moderate, but looks like agentzen has done that for me

Just kidding.

EDIT: I just saw the amount of GG agentzen has to play around with... man, I'm practically in poverty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! And welcome agentzen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A note: for a 6p game, someone will have to pick a CL. If no player wants to be a CL we'll go with No-Symp, but I'm considering Population at 11 instead of 10, as per the official No-Symp variant...

But CLs are fun, aren't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
But CLs are fun, aren't they?

I've actually never been a CL in F2F (for some odd reason my playgroup LOVES them so I'm content to sit and plot the destruction of the puny humans survival of the human race) or PBF, so I would choose one in 6-player if it gets to me and a CL hasn't been chosen.

Don't take this as a plea to let me play CL, though! I'm eying a few of the houseruled characters, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, let's definitely make it a 6 then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
Winner of Cards against humanity's first ever Tabletop deathmatch!!
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to join as well if there is still room...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [41] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.