Subject: Which solo variant do you like best? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Tomb of Fiends to send to my 12 year old nephew. He plays Magic the gathering but needs a game he can play solo when he can't go to game nights. I was hoping this would be a good board game to introduce him to the dungeon crawl. I'd like to send some printed solo rules along with the game when I ship it to him.

Since this game has been out a while and there have been a few solo variants, I was wondering which rules you guys have enjoyed the most. Also, which rules are easy enough that my nephew could read them and learn the game without me teaching him.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hardy
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just happened to sit down and play a solo game of Dungeoneer for the first time in a year. As it happened I found two sets of solo rules in the box. After reading them over I picked the one titled "Simple Dungeoneer Solitaire" and I have to say I was very pleased with it! I think it comes closest the gameplay of the multiplayer game. There are very few changes made to the game, yet it keeps you well challenged! I find myself making similar strategic choices as I did playing against opponents. Ill have to find the author, but I imagine you can find it here on the boards easily enough. Good luck. Hope he enjoys it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.