Hide
2 Posts

Taboo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dispute over buzzer time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tydubs Cutts
msg tools
There is a dispute I would like to help settle among family. During a game of taboo a member of the opposing team said one of the words that you can't say. The buzzer did not catch this until the opposing team member had given two more clues after which the team did guess the clue word. The buzzer finally buzzed in as the team member was going to the next card, but no clue words were given for the new word yet. In this situation should the correct guess be invalidated due to the speaker saying a 'forbidden clue word', even though that word did not prompt the team to guess the correct word? Keep in mind that the team member had already started flipping to the new card! The bottom line...is there a statute of limitation on buzzing???
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Westberg
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If memory serves you get buzzed when you use the taboo words. I'd also say there isn't a time limit on buzzing, otherwise you could say a word, they guess the main word, and you flip and say "ah! Too late!"

I'd invalidate the point. The buzzer is there to make sure the person doesn't cheat. Technically the buzzer isn't needed if all the players are honest and catch their mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.