6 Posts

String Railway» Forums » General

Subject: Free play order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules of the game say you can take turns in any order you want. Has anybody actually used this rule? How did it work out?

We've been very conventional and rigid so far, playing our turns in strict order. I suppose taking turns earlier would be beneficial in some ways (particularly in the three-player game with the more constricted board), but then you couldn't use the stations other players haven't placed yet. I guess there'd be little harm in just letting someone take their turn out of turn, but nobody's ever asked (then again, I haven't really advertised the option).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. I've always played in strict turn order… can't even remember that the turn order was free. Are you sure it's not just that players are free to decide turn order, but then have to follow it for at least the game in question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed that rule meant you can play clockwise, anti-clockwise, or other, but it is fixed for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rule does say "game continues in any order you deem fit", so it could support just about anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
Well, the rule does say "game continues in any order you deem fit", so it could support just about anything.

Agreed. We tried it in descending height order, and it worked well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as I probably am responsible for that wording, I can assert that the intended meaning is "whatever order you choose, please keep that turn order for the remainder of the game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.