Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dian
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game last week and love the theme!

We've only played it twice, once with 3 players and once with 6 players. And on both games we felt the game ended way too soon. We wanted to keep playing but the Game Over card turned up
In our 3 player game, 2 of us had 1 lemming each that dove off the cliff. In our 6 player game, none of us did.
We're just wondering if we're doing something wrong.

Then I was calculating. There are 32 movement cards. In a 6 player game, that's ~5 cards per person. At about 3.5 movement per card, that's only 20.5 movement. On a straight line, without going into a bush, there are 15 moves to the edge of the cliff + dive points.
It seems it's unlikely to have more than 1 lemmings to dive off. Given eagles could chow on them and other people can sit on top of the lemmings to stop their movement, it makes it less than 1 lemming that might be able to dive.

I suppose the special cards could help. How many lemmings do you guys usually have dive off the cliff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are indeed doing something wrong. Each player will move one lemming from their clan with each movement card played, not just when they are the eagle player.

The Eagle player moves one lemming, then go clockwise until each player has moved one lemming, then pass the eagle dice to the next player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dian
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh! We are letting everyone move other than the eagle player, but each of us pull out a movement card. That's my problem!!

Thanks for pointing this out blush

This makes the "It's a 5" special card makes more sense too. Since special card can only be used before the movement, I was wondering it's a chance that this special card might be good to use because if you pull a 5, you've wasted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.