Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPS walked in with my Kickstarter copy of Caveman Curling this morning. (YAY!!)

As I went to sticker the game, I noticed that the tops of the Black "rocks", where you put the stickers, is white. A tiny tad annoying if, like me, you can't cover it fully with the sticker. I see from the picture that Eagle & Gryphon Games posted of this "clan" that this is a common issue. The red and yellow clan pieces don't have this problem as they are painted almost all the way around.

OK, I'm done complaining. I guess I'll be Sharpie-ing my rocks!

Mostly I'm very happy my game arrived safely! Thanks Eagle / Gryphon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McMahon
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the 'White' that you are talking about is the spray that was put on the bottom of the rocks to make them slide easier. All the rocks (including the red, yellow, and white) have this spray. I took this as being the 'shiney' side.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... Well, thanks for the reply. I'll double-check. I sure hope I didn't sticker the wrong sides!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
If you looked closely at the tan and red rocks, you could see the white dot (faintly) on the less painted side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So should I consider the white dot side the shiny side then (aka the side that's supposed to touch the board)? Sorry for my confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
The opposite I think, the fully painted side is the bottom, the cruddy side is covered with the sticker. At least that is how I applied my stickers. The game seemed to work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks. That was my impression too. And now that I've looked at more pics of the black pieces, I'm convinced that we both stickered it correctly. I very much appreciate the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfie_beast wrote:
Cool, thanks. That was my impression too. And now that I've looked at more pics of the black pieces, I'm convinced that we both stickered it correctly. I very much appreciate the replies!

I am relieved... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.