Football Strategy» Forums » General

Subject: Question on Rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Benthien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Since the R/P play can be used anywhere on the field--let's say your inside the opponents 5 yd line. What happens if E, G or H are called.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos // Abdullah Ibrahim: African Sun // Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra: Boulevard de L'Independance
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bennythejet wrote:
Since the R/P play can be used anywhere on the field--let's say your inside the opponents 5 yd line. What happens if E, G or H are called.

These are all spelled out in the rules:

E (+20) - Touchdown
H (Complete +25) - Touchdown
Rules - Offense Plays Chart case 8 wrote:
If a pass is completed "beyond" the end zone, consider the excess as running yardage gained after the reception. Thus, the pass is still considered complete.

G (Intercepted Ops. lose 25) - Incomplete
Rules - Offense Plays Chart case 3 wrote:
If the result of the interception places the ball past the physical confines of the defender's end zone it is considered an incomplete pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Benthien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks Was--don't have the rules anymore so just going by past history. This game is still the best non individual stat game out there and I wish it would find a developer that could bring it into the modern era so that it could get a greater following.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree - bring the rules, graphics, and defensive cards up-to-date and this game will continue to shine in face-to-face games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Benthien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Any reading materials out there on tactics or stratagy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos // Abdullah Ibrahim: African Sun // Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra: Boulevard de L'Independance
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bennythejet wrote:
Any reading materials out there on tactics or stratagy?

I seem to recall some articles ages ago in the AH General. It's a matrix game, so optimal play would be a straight game theory approach, but I wouldn't take it that seriously. What makes it fun is trying to get a feel for your opponent's tendencies while playing live, and countering his anticipated calls at key moments. Double think is where the game lives. You could write a computer program that played optimally, but where's the fun in that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best players would still beat that computer over half the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.